Chapter-20

Arjun's Pov

The drive was in complete silence She is looking outside through the window. I am stealing glances of her through the mirror. I am unaware whether to start the conversation or not. I want to talk with her, but what would be her reaction. I sighed heavily.

"Stop"She said suddenly.

"What?"I stopped the car on the roadside and looked at her.

"Get down!"She asked me to do so and I did.

We both got down as I safely parked the car along roadside, extreme left.

We are walking on the footpath and got settled on a bench.

I had a look at my wrist watch and it showed 9-30Pm.I looked at her and she is trying her maximum to keep herself calm.

"And What was that?"She spoke at last.

"What?"I truly didn't understand what she is asking.

"The play? Dumb mash!"She asked knotting her eyebrows.

"I don't know!"I kept a blank face.

"Don't you dare to say that It wasn't planned?"She questioned me harshly.

"No, I swear!"I looked at her keeping an innocent face.

"I know, It was your guest house and I don't think you were unaware of this plan"She asked me again.

"Yes, It is our guest house but I haven't planned the Dumb mash"I answered again.

"But...."She trailed off and Shook her head.

"I am sorry for everything"I looked at her asking her to forgive me.

"It's okay!"She kept an irritated face.

"But I couldn't act....."I cut of the sentence.

"Ha?!"She looked at me.

"Think about the girl in the play, She chose her dad and her responsibility over love and her lover, What If I were in the same situation two years ago"I questioned her.

"Wh...at....?"She stammered.

"I didn't leave you or ditch you!"That was the only thing I could manage to say.

"It's too late now!"She said.

"But I have to give you the explanation, It's my responsibility"I accepted.

"You didn't react properly at the proper time, What is the use of all this now. Just Stop all this, please."She almost shouted.

"I am sorry, "I didn't want to continue more.

"But I want to tell you one thing the dialogues which were spelt by you are actually mine in the real life. I chose something in the name of responsibility which decieved our love and hurt your heart ,for what I am paying now"I didn't look at her while saying this.

We both sat there in silence and cool breeze struck us,We spent calmly easing our brains for ten more minutes without any word.We are in our worlds and thoughts.

We both are in utter turmoil or chaos, what ever you may call it?.

I am completely speechless now.

I am feeling dumb.

I made a mistake and I am well aware of it. But the consequences behind the decision were unknown to anyone except my family.

I didn't have enough dareness to accept it in front of this girl, Priya.

I stood up and walked towards the car, She followed my Suite and didn't bother to look at me.

"We have to go now, you are getting late, " I said to her while starting the car.

and I dropped her at her home quickly.

"Good night!"I wished her while opening the car door.

She just nodded and left.

I drove back to my guest house and I know the boys are waiting for me there. I have to answer all my questions again.

"Hey, Is it you?"Pradeep looked at me soon I entered the hall.

"It was your dumb idea, Right?!"I looked at Pradeep.

"No, It was Prem's Idea!"Pradeep looked at Prem.

"It was a spontaneous thought"Prem said while opening the tin.

"Shut up, Guys!"I shouted at them.

"Come on! It was an act"Ram came to me and patted my shoulder.

"She thinks its our plan"I slumped there on the couch.

"What?! None of the acts were preplanned"Prem defended.

"But, How would I make her believe it?!"I sat there holding my head.

"Just have something, We haven't started the party yet!"Prem winked.

"Yes! Cheer up, everything is for our sake,Our happiness"Pradeep is trying to assure me.

"But....!"I looked at them and shut my mouth soon.

"You people just carry on! I need to go"I just took a sip for formality sake and about to rush to home as I got a call from Dad.

"What again?!"Pradeep now who is tipsy asked me with a confused face.

"I can't explain you now, Just I need to go, Please!"I urged them in a pleading tone.

"Okay!"Prem who understood the situation, let me go.

I drove back to my home, My flat where I am residing now within half an hour,That was the quick drive.

My heart is racing as much as it can. Mom came after many days. She travelled after years. I am glad to see her.I am feeling happy for her.

"Mom, "I shouted in Joy soon I enetered the room.

"How are you?"She kissed me on my forehead.

"I am fine!"I said with glittery eyes.

"You are no more a kid to cry!"She pinched my cheek.

"Did Doctor allow you to travel?"I asked doubtedly.

"She recovered a lot!"Dad's voice sprung from behind.

"You too Brutus!"I turned and looked at Dad.

"How can I miss you both?!My Family"He hugged me.

"Have you both had your dinner?"I asked them soon.

"Yes!"They said in Unison.

"Perfect couple"I smiled at them too.

The rest of the night, We did nothing except chatting. Mom is recovering well, Which is a big sign of relief for us. She wants to meet all the relatives and her friends again, that too after two years.

I am excited to see her like that. She is improving, that's enough for us.But the main reason for her visit is something different,i know what it is?!

"I want to see her!"She said again.

"I will take you to her,I promise,Don't worry!"I kissed her hand and assured her.

"Can I meet her once mean while?"She questioned me.

"Your wish mom!"I sighed.

"Did you get her address and all?"She asked me eagerly.

"Yes,Yes!"I nodded.

"So ,Will you take me to her once tomorrow?!"She asked me what I thought.

"I will,For sure!"I asked her to sleep.......