Chapter-50

Arjun's Pov

Priya is recovering.I took her to home but we lied about it that it was a small accident to everyone including her mother and my Parents.Prajwal too didn't open his mouth thankfully.He surprised me for sure.He is something different and beyond from what i expected,to be franked much more matured than I thought.He took Priya to hospital in timeHis behaviour changed a lot in this two days.Instead me its him,he who is avoiding me all the time.It seems we  interchanged our roles,our positions.I tried to speak to him a lot but all my attempts became futile.I truly felt how it feels if we avoid someone.I might have given him a chance,A second chance.

I came to home a bit early to catch Prajwal and talk to him for a while.I truly want to say sorry to him.I punched him on face without his fault.I know it requires a lot of patience to stay calm while I was bashing him madly.I took a shower and changed into casuals and waiting in corridor for him.I don't want mom to know this because of her fragile health.I know Mom hates to see us,brothers quarelling like life time rivals.

I saw his car stood up and walked towards him.He lowered his gaze soon he saw me and looked away.I felt someone stabbing my heart.I walked behind him,mustered my courage and spoke something very awkwardly.

"I need to talk to you"I still can't believe I said those words to him.

"Me?"Prajwal looked around and frowned at me.

"Yes"I nodded like a child and sighed at him rubbing my temple lowering my forehead a bit.A smile creeped on his lips but disappeared in the very next second.He walked to me with crouched eyebrows and said worriedly.

"Are you still angry with me?I didn't do anything for gods sake.Hope Priya told you everything"He looked at me with a sulky face and lowered his head making me embarrassed.

"I ....I am sorry"I said pressing the bridge of my nose looking at him for his answer.

"What?"He surely stammered for a second and looked at me surpassing his smile.I felt different all of a sudden.I felt relieved and sighed smiling a bit,a very mild grin pursing my lips.

He didn't say anything,Stood there ruffling his hair twirling the keychain with other hand.Mom who came out caught us talking to each other, straight to us smiling with sparkling eyes.

I turned to mom,smiled and hugged him from side.She looked at me surprisingly where Prajwal is chuckling at my actions.Still he tried his best to look calm and serious.I don't want to hide my smile anymore I don't know why I felt really really relieved after a long time.

"I am hungry mom,I was really busy with some stupid meeting in the afternoon and couldn't find time to eat anything.I am starving from afternoon"I looked at mom with a pale face.I looked at these two who are looking at me strangely.Yes,Yes I didn't eat anything for lunch.I purposefully did so that I can go for this stupid meeting a bit earlier and can reach home fastly,just to catch Prajwal in time.

"You should've told me,How can I be this much reckless,Wait a second,please"Mom looked at me with a nervious smile.

"Don't stress yourself,I can wait!No problem"I smiled at mom cupping her cheek.Prajwal just smiled at us and walked in to fresh up.

I waited for ten more minutes and mom prepared UPMA for me.I ate it fully and walked to my room with a smiled.I am going to my room and heard Prajwal talking to someone on phone,Though I know it's not a good thing to listen his words hiding like a stranger but his words truly made me curious.I hide myself behind half ajar door and listening to him very calmly and with patience.

"I am so happy Brinda.I never expected that a day would come like this.I can't believe it.I need time to digest the fact.I never thought that I would live with my family like anyother person on this world.I was treated so badly at orphanage.Children there used to call me with names.They used to tease me all the time.I always wanted to run away from there.It was literally a hell.I wanted to run away from orphanage.But......"He sighed for a second and felt very bad,I don't know when my eyes shed few tears.I sniffed my nose for a second and listened his words again.

"I learnt about my parents when I was 14. ,Arjun was 12 at that time,my blood boiled to see him smiling happily with my parents.There were no one to guide me,teach me the truth,morals.I started hating Arjun for nothing,I tried my best to ruin his life.I messed it up.I became a smoker,drunkard,drug addict,I tried everything in this world to console my wandering mind.Its dad who showed me the right way.Mom who took care of me like an infant.I finally got my family back.I got everything I deserve.I am truly happy"He took a pause and smiled.I didn't want to budge.I felt gloomy all of a sudden.Is it sympathy?Empathy?or love?What is this.Why his tears are affecting me.I never felt like this before,not for Prajwal for sure.I want to tell him that he is also a member of this family,He is my brothet,elder brother.

"You he just talked to me,apologised me.I am ready to be punched again and again if he is willing to talk to me again like we used to talk earlier.Though we are brothers he always preferred to speak in monosyllables which looked so cute.You truly doesn't know how happy I am Brinda.Its just because of you!Its you who were the one who stood beside me all these days.How can I say thanks to you"He is trying hard to control those bloody tears.

I couldn't say anything but for the very first time wanted to hug him for a second.I sighed and walked towards my room smiling heartily.