The Werewolf Apocalypse

And finally, the school year ends. All I had left were finals and then I was free. Well, technically free. I wasn't going to be required to wake up early and go to school. Because, yeah, summer. Only the seniors had stuff to finish.

Anyway, I was out and about with my cousins. They hadn't left me yet so I assumed they cared enough about me and my insignificant dilemma with Embry and the wolves. Now that was true friendship. They stick with you no matter what. I had realized, as this situation went on, that I couldn't trust Jake and Quil to take my side. Other than the fact that they were also friends with my boyfriend, they understood his side and not mine.

But, of course, who else--other than a fellow demigod--could understand the consequences of having a godly parent? We're monster magnets. It was unfair that only a few could understand this.

It wouldn't be until he actually experiences my shizz that he would understand. By 'he' I mean Embry.

Of course, with my luck, the timing is just completely messed up.

So, yes. It was summer and because I actually can't live a week without the three idiots--lovers' quarrel or not--we headed to the reservation.

Over at Emily's the whole pack is there and I wonder just who is doing the patrolling at this time. It doesn't take me long to realize that there were new faces in the group.

"Whoa, new recruits?" I asked even though it's obvious.

Quil shrugged. "It's like a werewolf apocalypse. At this rate, the whole town would be werewolves."

Natty scoffs. "Don't exaggerate," she said. "Monsters multiplying is never a good thing. Too many demigods would be dead."

"Any reason why it's happening?" I asked, ignoring my cousin's negativity.

"Increased vampire presence," Sam answered. He had emerged from one of the rooms but I had no doubt his werewolf hearing alerted him of our presence. "The Cullens are back, and the one that's after Bella. There's not only one, but a whole army after her now. It's triggering the changes."

"An army of bloodsucking monsters. That'd be an interesting battle," Natty said, plopping down on the couch. The new kid right next to her shifted away from her, as if he were afraid. I almost laughed out loud as he flinched when Natty shot him a smile and introduced herself.

"Are you planning on letting these newbies fight the newborn army?" I asked Sam. He shook his head, giving me a look as if I were crazy. I didn't think there was anything wrong with my question. Years ago, during the battle of Manhattan, demigods were fighting monsters and other demigods. I'm sure that some remained in camp, the ones who won't fight and the ones who were too young to, but it wasn't just the older demigods who went into battle. These new werewolves are probably older than some of the demigods at the time. 

I decided not to push the subject. It wasn't my pack and I was sure Sam wouldn't have wanted me to be trying to run it for him. Instead, I asked an Ashley Robinson-type of question: "Are the three idiots here?"

"They should be, or they're on patrol," Sam said. I only nodded, deciding I was too lazy to go out and look for them on my own.

Andi and I just sit at the table munching on Emily's homemade cookies, when Natty struck up a conversation with Sam.

It went something like:

Natty: So... you're really not going to let these kids fight the vampires?

Sam: Ashley already asked that.

Natty: Yeah, but have you asked them if they want to fight? I bet some of them are just itching to dismember some sparklepires.

Sam: I take it that you've dismembered your share of vampires at thirteen?

Natty: *scoff* No. I didn't know vampires actually existed back then. I did fight off a cyclops on my own at twelve years old.

(I raised an eyebrow at Andi. This my first time hearing this. Andi only shook her head, and I understood that it meant Natty was lying.)

Sam: Well, we're not all trained to kill monsters.

Natty: But we all have a survival instinct.

I rolled my eyes. "Dude, we can't all summon lightning. Not even by accident. These kids don't have superpowers," I defended. Although, I did agree with Natty. I looked over at the younger werewolves. They didn't seem afraid as they heard the conversation. Maybe they were willing to be part of the action. I turned my gaze over to Sam. "You can have them protect the borders, though. Try to keep the rez safe."

Sam only nodded, as if he were considering this.

"And Natty's right. We've all got this survival instinct. Mere mortals have it. Werewolves should, too."

And that, my friends, is how I convinced the big bad alpha wolf to let his new recruits join our little protection squad.

Which I hoped I wouldn't be regretting later on.

~~~~~~~~

a/n: I am so sorry for barely updating this book T-T I know I keep promising that I wouldn't forget this book and I will finish it but I'm honestly not sure how to do that when I've lost interest in it. I feel really bad for getting your hopes up and I understand if you stop reading now. I will still keep trying, but I may have to put this book on an indefinite hold if I really have nothing else to offer. Also, I'm sorry for the unedited mess of a chapter

Also, if Ash sounds way different from how she used to sound then that's my fault. I'm not used to writing in her voice anymore huhu