"You Only Like Me For My Froot Loops"

"I'm bored!"

I sighed. I was lying on the couch, just staring at the ceiling. I'd been complaing for about five minutes now and I was pretty sure my mom was getting annoyed now.

There was no reply and I repeated my actions. Still nothing but the light footsteps that came from my mother as she hurried around the house. She had worked in half an hour and I wasn't sure why I was already up on this fine weekend morning. It was Sunday and I have school the next day so I was planning on sleeping in today. That plan didn't exactly work out too well.

"I'm--"

"We're out of Froot Loops. Why don't you go out and buy some?"

"Don't wanna."

She sighed. "If you're bored, then why don't you go out with your friends?" mom suggested.

I shook my head. "How can I hang out with them if I'm here and they're in La Push?"

"You have a car," mom reminded me.

"No, I don't. I have a piece of crap truck that'll break down before I even leave the driveway."

I couldn't see her but I knew she was rolling her eyes at my response.

"I can't drive you to La Push. I have to get to work."

"Can't you call one of the guys and tell him to come pick me up," I told her. I heard her footsteps coming closer and felt something hard drop on my stomach.

"Ow," I muttered and picked up the phone. I stared at the device in my hand before I dialled Quil's number. Normally, I would have called Embry first but that kiss last night came to mind and I wasn't sure if I could talk to Embry without the awkwardness.

"Hello?" I heard Quil answer. There was something I noticed about his tone but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Hey, Quil," I replied. "You mind picking me up? I'm super bored righ--"

"Is Embry there?"

"What?"

"Is Embry there with you?"

"Uh... no. Why?"

"It's probably nothing. He must have went out without telling Tiffany again," Quil muttered.

"Oh, well, do you think you could pick me up? We could go look for Em. What about Jake? What's he doing?"

"Jake's hanging with Bella today," he said. "He's giving her riding lessons, remember?"

I couldn't help but chuckle. "I think they meant after the bikes were done."

"Yeah, yeah. So, I'll be there in a few minutes. Think you won't die of boredom while you wait for me?"

I rolled my eyes. I was a demigod. Dying of boredom would be an awful way to die. "I think I can manage," I muttered before ending the phone call. It was like a minute after my mom had already left when Quil arrived.

"I see that you're still alive," he muttered just as I hopped into the car and shut the door.

I scoffed. "How'd you guess that? You sure I'm not a ghost or something?"

He rolled his eyes amd started driving. The ride pretty much consisted of our usual banter. It was nice, and I almost forgot what happened last nigt.

Wait, I just reminded myself about it. Great.

"Watcha thinkin' about? You're all quiet now," Quil said.

I shook my head. "It's nothing."

"It can't be nothing," he muttered. "Now, tell me what's wrong. You're acting weird."