Vampires Don't Sparkle, Unless They're Sparklepires

When I woke up, my body was sore and there was a stinging pain on my left arm. The events of before I passed out came rushing to my memory and I finally realized that I wasn't in my room.

Holy Hades! Mom's probably worried sick. I had to get home.

I hopped of the bed and winced as pain shot through my arm. It was a good thing I was wearing short sleeves yesterday or else my shirt would've been ruined where the hellhound clawed me.

I looked around the room for my backpack and found it in the corner. I took out my Ziploc bag of ambrosia and put a small piece of the godly food in my mouth, savoring the taste of my mother's homemade cookies. In a few seconds, I felt myself getting better and then ripped off the bandage. An ugly-looking scar ran inches below my shoulder until just below my elbow, and I winced at the sight. Mom's going to freak when she sees this., I thought.I let out a breath of air and shrugged. There's nothing I can do about it now. Wearing a jacket is my best option. If only I had one in my bag.

I grabbed my backpack and headed out of the room. I didn't feel like shadow-travelling. I'm already in big enough trouble with my mom; nothing could make it worse.

My face paled when I I saw the people in the living room. Holy Hephaestus, it's the Cullens. They all eyed me warily and I suddenly felt self-conscious. I mean, I just woke up from battling a freakin' hellhond. I'm pretty sure I look like sh*t.

There was a short silence before I got over my insecurity and grew bored form just staring at them.

"If you're going to kill me, you're going to have to wait in line." I said. "Mom's probably going to want to be the first, but I'll tell my dad to bring me back to life so you can have a turn."

They looked at me as if I'd gone mental. That was probably true. I'm actually still waiting to wake up from this nightmare I call life, but alas, 'tis not a dream but reality. My reality and every other demigod's reality.

"On second thought, kill me before my mom has the chance to. Dying by the hand of my own mother is not something I'd want to brag about."

"We're not going to hurt you Ashley." an old blonde dude said. He didn't look too old – probably twenty or twenty-one years old – but since he's a vampire, you could never tell. I was guessing that since he looked to be the oldest that he was the famous Dr. Carlisle Cullen.

"I know what you are. You can't tell me I'm wrong." I told them. "I'm pretty much usually right."

"Great. Another human knows our secret." another blonde – Blondie, err, Rosalie – muttered sarcastically. I shot her a glare but she was unaffected.

"You're all lucky I'm outnumbered or you'd have been gone by now." I threatened. I felt all their eyes on me and I managed not to lose confidence.

"No one else can know about us. If you stay, we will explain everything." Dr. Cullen told me, ignoring all the others as they protested. I narrowed my eyes at them, considering the pros and cons of staying. I let out a sigh and nodded. Dr. Cullen and the woman standing next to him, who I was guessing was Mrs. Cullen, shot me a kind smile as I made my way to the empty couch.

Eddie, the pixie-ish girl, and Blondie were glaring at me and I returned the gesture with a smirk. As I passed the other blonde guy – Jasper, I think – he stiffened (which I wouldn't have noticed if I were a normal person) and the pixie moved closer to him as if to comfort him.

"Alright. I'm listening..."

About thirty minutes later, I learned a few things about the monsters like them. Sunlight can't hurt them and fire is one of the few things that can actually kill them. Cutting them up into pieces and burning the parts was the best way to kill them permanently. That should be fun... They only drank animal blood (fortunately) but there were others out there who didn't share their diet (unfortunately). Oh, and they sparkle when sunlight hits their skin. I almost literally fell to the ground as I laughed. They didn't find it as funny as I did. I guess I can understand; they're the walking disco balls, not me.