Vampire Girl Meets Werwolf Girl and Corpse Head

Vampire Girl Meets Werewolf Girl and Corpse Head

Embry and the pack were out doing patrols again, while I was stuck at Emily's. It was rather boring but there was nothing I could do about it; Embry was still bent on keeping me from harm's way.

"Boys are idiots," Natty mumbled. I couldn't help but agree. "This is why I don't have a boyfriend."

"Xavier will come around and soon you'll be riding off into the sunset," Andi muttered then turned to me. "And what Embry's doing is making sense. He loves you and he wants to protect you." And I never thought I'd be getting advice on my love life from my cousins.

"Can we please not talk about Embry. It's kinda annoying right now."

"It's only annoying 'cause you're a demigod who loves chasing danger," Andi cut in.

"Not true. So, how's it going with your boyfriend?"

Andi let out a groan. "Gods, don't remind me of that good for nothing asshole."

"What'd he do? Do I need to teach him a lesson or-"

"It's nothing. It's just, every time I wanna hang out he has plans. It's like Jer's avoiding me."

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. He's a son of Aphrodite; he would know not to break your heart."

I snorted. "And Jeremiah's busy with what? Please don't forget that the Aphrodite kids have this 'rite of passage' or whatever it is."

Natty shot me a look that should have sent me cowering in fear. "They don't do that anymore."

Andi shook her head. "Don't worry about me, guys. I'm a big girl. Jeremiah would be stupid to mess with me. Besides, I doubt his mom would want more broken hearts."

"Yes, he's be stupid to hurt you, but don't go relying on the gods, Coral Face. They're not exactly all that helpful."

"And you're still alive why?"

I chuckled. "I dunno. Even I question that sometimes."

"I swear, Lee, you're gonna end up in the Fields of Punishment, daughter of Hades or not," said Natty.

I shrugged and was about to reply when I heard the sound of an engine come closer then die down. It was probably the guys, but I had no idea who owned the car. They usually just walked here.

"Em's here. I'll talk to you guys later." I waved my hand through the mist and their faces disappeared just as the front door swung open and in came Jared and Embry. And a familiar brunette.

It was the Fates telling me that our paths are supposed to cross. It couldn't have been a coincidence that everything started when she showed up in town. Now, here she is standing in Emily's kitchen. Bella Swan. If she was here now, then she has to know something about the werewolves.

"Uh, hi," she greeted me awkwardly. "Ashley, right?"

I nodded. Embry went to sit right next to me, throwing an arm over my shoulders. "What's she doing here? Where are the others?"

"There was a... uh... problem with Paul and Jacob."

I rolled my eyes. "You boys need anger managenent. She could've gotten hurt," I muttered, referring to Bella. I looked up at her again. "You didn't get hurt, right?"

"I'm fine," she mumbled. I just smiled in return, feeling a little awkward now. I didn't say anything but I knew she noticed the scar above my eye.

"So, you're the vampire girl," I heard Emily mutter as a greeting. That's what they, the pack, aside from Jacob, have been calling her. I mean, she hung out with vampires; it makes sense to call her that.

"And you're the werewolf girl," Bella muttered in response. "Uh, girls," she corrected when she remembered I was in here as well.

I chuckled. "Well, that's a new one. I think I prefer that over Corpse Head."

"You're more of a Corpse Breath, though," Jared muttered and I shot him a glare. I looked to Embry but he pretty much agreed.

"You suck," I mumbled.

"But you love me anway." I had to roll my eyes at that.

Emily walked up to the table and placed a fresh batch of muffins in front of us. Embry and Jared went to grab some but were scolded by the almighty Emily. "Ladies first." She gestured for me and Bella to take one and I did before sticking my tongue out at Embry in triumph.

Minutes later, Sam and the others arrived. The older guy headed straight for his Imprint as if it was years and not just a few hours since they've seen each other. I looked away as he kissed her, giving them some privacy.

I rolled my eyes when Embry mentioned a bet (probably about who'd win in a fight, Jake or Paul). Jake barely had any scratches on him so I guess that meant Embry won.

You know what? I'm just gonna skip ahead. All that happened really was some explanations of things. They even had me tell the girl my secret. It wasn't that interesting, really. Aside from the fact that I got to test my knife on Embry.

It turns out they don't heal as quickly when in contact with Celestial Bronze. Good thing I didn't cut too deep...

Anyway, days later I was still hanging at Emily's place. Someone had caught a vampire's scent. Apparently, it was the redheaded vampire that wanted to kill Bella.

As much as I loved assuring Embry that I was safe (That was sarcasm, by the way) I was getting really bored.

I made sure Emily wouldn't notice when I slipped out of the house and into the forest. Finding the redhead and proving that I could take care of myself was pretty high on my to-do list.

Chasing danger wasn't really a smart move, I admit, and something I wouldn't normally do on a nice sunny day but my ego was on the line here. When your boyfriend says you can't fight against monsters, well, how could you -- a supposedly really powerful demigod -- not be offended?

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who's point of view you wanna see the situation) the redhead never appeared. Well, she never showed herslef to me, anyway.

I had just about given up when suddenly I was face-to-face with a pissed off looking Embry Call.

"Uh... Hey, Embry," I greeted. He was glaring at me and I felt a pang of guilt in my chest.

"What are you doiny here? Do you know just how dangerous it is? There's a vampire somewhere here and-"

And my guilt ended as I tuned him out.

I could feel it. Death. And it was near.

I didn't even think. I just ran in the direction where I felt it. It was probably the vampire, or someone close to death. Either one, both were still pretty important.

I made it to the beach, ignoring the uneasy feeling of the ocean being so near. I didn't know why I ended up there but then I saw Jacob pulling a limp body to shore.

I walked closer, choosing to ignore Embry's calls.

The feeling of death wasn't as strong as before and I was given hope that whoever it was Jacob saved was alive. Finally, I reached Jake and the girl. I was guessing it was a girl as it seemed io small to be a guy.

Even when the girl started moving, proving that she was in fact alive, death still lingered. There was only one living person I knew who gave off this feeling. Bella Swan.

A/N: I am so sorry for the rushed ending! I really wanted to finish this and I couldn't afford to make another chapter since it's so short if I split the chapter.

Part 3 is coming maybe January or February 2015 so don't delete this story from your library just yet. Unless you don't wanna read any more then by all means go ahead and remove this from your library.

(BTS being weirdos --->)