"If I Threw A Frisbee Would You Catch It With Your Mouth?"

"If I Threw A Frisbee, Would You Catch It With Your Mouth?"

I don't know what possessed me to go back to the forest. There was just something in the back of my head urging me to come back.

It was stupid, but then again I do a lot of stupid things. I try being rational, but stupidity always wins over. It's a gift, really.

Anyway, I was back in the middle of the forest with absolutely no idea what I was doing.

But, hey, at least this time I was prepared in case a monster decided to attack. I kept my hand near my pocket where my pen was kept. It wasn't in the form of a  Stygian iron sword yet but it was still comforting to know I had it.

A shift in the atmosphere told me that I wasn't alone.

"I'm not going to hurt you, sweetie," Alecto muttered just as I held up my sword.

I didn't like the Furies -- they freak me out -- but they served my father. If they were here watching me it would be because my father sent them. And the fact that he sent Alecto meant that he wasn't too pleased with me at the moment.

"Why are you here? Did he send you to spy on me? Because you're doing a pretty bad job at spying," I said.

"Your father sent me to warn you. You're crossing a line here, getting involved with these mutts."

"You know about the wolves."

"He's been watching over you. You'd be doing him a favor by forgetting about them."

"I can't exactly forget that those things tried to kill me."

"Stupid girl," I heard her say. "You could kill them yourself. You've killed monsters before."

I scowled. I freeze one time and suddenly I'm branded as a coward. "Is there anything else you have to say to me? Am I ever going to learn more about those things?" Changing the subject was always a good thing to do when you don't want to deal with certain things.

"Lord Hades would appreciate it if you were to forget about them," she said.

I rolled my eyes. "You already told me that. Is it so hard to say 'no'?"

"Some things are not answered with a simple 'yes' or 'no'," she replied and suddenly she was gone.

Well, that was some conversation we had right there. Instead of getting answers, I'm left wondering why my father doesn't want me to find out about them.

Confused and, well, distracted, I hadn't realized that someone was standing right beside me. I wonder what the Mist made my conversation with Alecto seem like. Did it look like I was some crazy person talking to a deer or something? Not that Alecto is as harmless as a deer but you never know with the Mist.

"You know, they say these woods are dangerous," the guy muttered.

I turned, startled when I heard the voice. I swear, this guy must have been blessed by Apollo because his voice was melodious. I mean, what great singer hasn't been gifted by the god of music?

"I've been here tons of times before," I said. "Besides, I can take care of myself."

He looked curious and took a step forward as if examing me like some kind of experiment.

All it took was that one step towards my direction for me to know that something was wrong. The feeling in my gut grew and I was sure that this guy was no ordinary mortal, if he even was mortal.

When I let myself really look at the guy, I noticed how pale his olive skin was. I tried to think back to where these details connect to.

"How are you so sure?" the guy questioned.