It's Research, Not Stalking

You can expect so much from someone or something and be proved wrong. I mean, you would think that a child of one of the Big Three would be really popular, but that isn't the case with me. You would expect Native Americans to believe in their legends and stuff but Jake and the guys could care less about Taha Aki and the Spirit-whatever. And you'd expect that vampires are like what people usually describe them to be.

So, what I've learned so far about the Cullens are is that they're vampires. And vampires are super fast and have super strength. Yep, demigods would have a disadvantage if we ever face a real vampire. There was no way I would attack them. Even with my weapons I'd have a disadvantage. There's like seven of them and one of me. It'd be a miracle if I survived. If I didn't, I wouldn't have to visit my dad anymore 'cause I'll be making a permanent residence there. Hopefully, I'll get Elysium. I'd definitely blame the gods if I end up in the Fields of Punishment.

Thunder sounded and the wind picked up, causing my hair to fly around. "Sorry.", I muttered under my breath. The weather calmed down and I shook my head. How do mortals not find the constant change of weather strange?

Anyway, I sat on the branch of a tree in the forest. I was high up and I didn't even break a sweat. That's thanks to shadow-travelling. Fortunately, I don't feel too tired or I would've fallen of the tree and gone to make a permanent visit to my father's realm. Dumb way to die if you ask me. Not as dumb as being stabbed by your own weapon but dumb nevertheless.

I was too far to see what was happening in the Cullen residence but I could see the big house they owned.

I had a dream last night, and it didn't make sense at all. Until I saw Bella Swan and Edward Cullen walking to the front door of the Cullen's mansion, err, house.

I knew I had to follow or at least watch over them like some stalker. Not that I was stalking them. It was simply research that I was doing.

My dream had to mean something or I would have cancelled my plans with the guys for nothing. It was incredibly boring up here in the tree, my butt hurt from sitting and my backpack made it really hard to move. I couldn't have gone closer to the house because I couldn't let them see me and I was guessing that they have excellent eyesight. You know, I'm starting to think that vampires are superhuman whose only weaknesses are sunlight, fire, garlic and holy water.

Okay, I sound really stereotypical there. Hmm, maybe their weakness is human food. I mean, to act human, you'd have to do things humans do. I never see them eat, so what's stopping them from doing this particular human activity? There might be something in human food that they can't eat, like how regular mortals can't eat or drink ambrosia or nectar. I'm still not crossing out sunlight and fire as their weakness. How else could I explain their absence during sunny days?

I was't sure how long I sat on that tree branch but I knew it was more than an hour. Yeah, I was stupid enough to think that I'd get information by sitting on a tree branch where I could barely see the people in the glass-walled house. I finally gave in to the boredom and shadow-traveled to the safe ground where there was a less likely possibility of my uncle 'accidentally' killing me. That'd be bad. Dying by the hand of my best friend's father who also happens to be my uncle, making my best friend my cousin.

Wow, I seriously have no life. I won't always have the guys and the rest of my friends are my mom, my older brother and my three cousins (Natty, Andi and Thalia). It's sad when you can count the number of friends you have and most of them are family members.

Okay, so I landed perfectly unharmed on the forest floor. Until I heard a snarling from behind me. I froze for a second, hoping it was just an angry dog or a baby mountain lion. I can still manage to escape if what was behind me were any of the two choices.

Of course, that's wishful thinking. I was thankful that I had my pen that could turn into a sword made of Stygian iron. I had put it in my pocket earlier just in case I had to fight any of the Cullens. Using it to kill a hellhound was probably the next best thing.

The monster lunged at me and I side-stepped, swing my sword. I cursed myself for missing when the monster didn't turn into dust.

Yeah, most of the time, I found myself dodging its attacks. In a few seconds, I was sweaty and I had cuts everywhere. Thanks to the hellhound; I'm not stupid enough to hurt myself with my own weapon. When my arm became sore a few minutes later, I dropped my sword and pulled out my Celestial bronze knife. I knew the sword would turn back into a pen and appear in my pocket again later, much like my cousin's Anaklusmos.

I ran, hoping the monster was dumb enough not to follow me. I really shouldn't underestimate these monsters all the time. I'm really going to get killed one day.

Anyway, yeah, I ran. But not before raising an army of skeletal warriors. It was a cowardly move but I value my life. Summoning the skeletons took a lot of energy and I found myself running slower. I was exhausted and I didn't have enough energy to shadow-travel.

Eventually, the hellhound managed to kill my skeletal soldiers. Can the word 'kill' even be used in the situation? Lee, focus! What was I supposed to be doing again? Oh, yeah. Running.

Unfortunately, I became to exhausted to even move. I sat on the ground, trying to catch my breath as the hellhound stalked me like I was its prey.

It eyed me, probably thinking of how delicious I would taste. I glared at the monster as my last resort. Hopefully, I've perfected my glare or was at least as close as Nico when he glares. Many people shrink when they're at the receiving end of my glare. The guys and Andi's older mortal brother, Harvey, were examples of that. I still hope it affects monsters the same way.

The hellhound grinned, as if thinking, "I've got you now.", and I took a deep breath, hoping to regain energy with that intake of oxygen. Nope, didn't work. Note to self:If I ever survive this, don't shadow-travel before a fight then raise an army of skeletons and run away. It's exhausting.

The stinging pain I felt didn't help either. My injuries weren't that bad. Just a few cuts on my face and arms. There was a gash on my left arm from where the hellhound scratched me and blood was slowly coming out of the wound. I was getting light-headed and all I wanted was to take a nap. Yeah, not as bad as they could have been. I might actually survive this, if the hellhound didn't make me its lunch.

Before the hellhound could bite my head off, a figure came out of nowhere and attacked the hellhound. The figure wrestled the monster to the ground and everything became blurry.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked.

I nodded and closed my eyes. "Just sleepy, that's all," I managed to let out before the darkness took over and I was sent into a deep slumber.