Chapter 1: The Arrival

-Komaru P. O. V.-

It was the day after Makoto left for Hope's Peak Academy.

After I had my breakfast, took a shower and got dressed, I received a small package in the mail that came with a letter.

The package contained a high school girl uniform. (The one Komaru usually wears.) The letter asked me to wear it.

The letter also asked that I go to the meeting hall in town. I know the way there. Anyone who has to go to the meeting hall has to travel through the big tunnel at the south of town. My parents decided to drive us to the hall.

As we drove, I put in my headphones. I listened to "Zetsubousei: Hero Chiryouyaku" while I read "The Bomb Inside Her 2." I needed something to do on the trip.

When we reached the tunnel, all the lights were all off. There's these little lights installed in the ceiling that illuminate the tunnel so we can see the road, but they were off. My dad shrugged it off and turned on the headlights. We drove though the tunnel.

About 3 minutes into the tunnel, I started to feel sleepy. I tried to stay awake, but I just couldn't. As the song ended and my headphones went silent, I fell asleep there in the back seat.

And that was the last thing I remember.

-An Undisclosed Amount Of Time Later-

I woke up in a room.

I was sitting in a chair, my head lying on a table in front of me.

I looked around. I noticed that I was in some kind of classroom. It felt... weird. Like nobody in their right mind would ever teach a class in that room.

There was a note on the desk I was at. I decided to read it.

It read "Welcome, family of Hope's Peak Academy's students to the Family Bonding Experience! At Hope's Peak, we think that family is the most important thing, so before your family member goes away to Hope's Peak, we have organized and activity for new students and their families to bond with one another. Please gather in the school auditorium on the first floor at 8:00 sharp! Please enjoy your bonding experience."

It was unsettling. The note was written in such a normal, almost upbeat tone. It was unnerving for it to just say all that without much more explanation. I wonder if the note was supposed to be delivered to me like this. The last thing I remember was going through the tunnel to the meeting hall and then I woke up here. If it was, that was even worse. The note didn't say anything like "don't panic" or "this is normal, everything is fine," it only told me to go to an auditorium.

I thought if I was going to get any kind of answers.

I left the room and found myself in a school hallway. It was pink for some reason.

I felt my foot hit something so I looked down. There was a folded up piece of paper. I bent over and picked it up, then I unfolded it. It was a map of the first floor of the school.

Using the map and the plate on the classroom door, I found my bearings on the map. To get to the auditorium, I'd have to go down this hallway, past the gym, the nurse's office, the foyer, and the school store.

I walked down the hallway and noticed a few things.

First, there was the nurse's office. There was all this tape covering the door, keeping me from going in. Not like I really wanted to right now. The school store also had the same tape on it. Weird. Only those two doors had tape on them.

Second, there was a staircase leading up right before the auditorium. But there were these iron bars in the way. I couldn't go up there. It was weird. Why were they there? This place is so... unsettling and creepy.

I just hurried forward into the auditorium.

The moment I pushed through those doors, as they closed behind me, I was greeted by a warm, friendly, happy voice.

"God, not another fucking loser."

Not.

There in the auditorium was 11 other people who were sitting in the chairs of the auditorium. The auditorium was one where there was a stage for performing plays at the back wall, with red curtains closed. There looked to a be a screen for projectors rolled up at the top of the stage. The chairs were arranged in rows.

The voice that spoke out came from a boy with light brown hair in a black student uniform. He looked upset.

"Oh, don't be so negative. She's looks pretty tame." a woman with pink hair said.

"Who are you guys? What's... going on right now?" I asked the room.

"I think the family bonding thing is going to happen." a tan boy with brown hair said.

I decided to take a seat close by the door. "So, what time is it?"

A man with graying hair in the front looked at his watch. "It's 7:59"

"That's very specific." A different man with light brown hair said.

"Details are everything." An older man with white hair commented.

"So, I guess the bonding should start about now. Where's Sis?" the tan boy said.

"Oh, you all shouldn't worry about your families anymore."

The cheery voice of a little girl rang out through the auditorium. It was so weird for what was happening, almost terrifying.

"Yes. You should all get very comfortable." a boy's voice was heard.

"Yeah! Some of you are pretty adorbs! It'd be a shame to have to lose you guys already." a different, higher girl's voice said before.

"But, if you don't want to get comfortable, that's okay too. We understand if you hate me enough to not listen to me." Who ever said that has a really weird voice.

"If you want to pick a fight, I'll stop each and every one of you!" a confident boy's voice said.

All eyes in the auditorium faced the curtains on the stage. The curtains slowly rose revealing a girl with green hair in a wheelchair in the center. On her left was a boy with blue hair and a scarf, and on his left was a girl with pink hair, flashing a peace sign at us. On the wheelchair girl's right was a boy with a brown mask on and on his right was a boy with red hair and white headphones on.

The wheelchair girl smiled. "We are the Warriors of Hope, and welcome to the Hostage Life Of Mutual Killing, meow!"

I have a really bad feeling about this.