Chapter 9: Morning Meeting

-Third Person P. O. V.-

The next morning, the hostages awoke to what will soon be familiar chime of the bell.

Ding dong, bing bong

This time, instead of Monaca, Masaru was the one on the screen.

"Good morning, stupid demons! It's now 7 a.m. and nighttime is now over! Time to to get up, you dumb demons! Get ready to face another incredible day!"

The video cut out as the hostages grumbled awake.

As each of them left their rooms and headed towards the dining hall, two people took detours.

Kenshiro opened Cheri's room and carried him off to the dining hall. Hiroko did the same for Kameko's jar, which was placed on the table inside his room.

As everyone ate their breakfast, quietly smiling at each other's company, they all were surprised that Takemichi showed up. They were glad he did though, even though he did sit at a different table, distancing himself from the group.

After everyone arrived and was able to enjoy a few minutes of eating, Takaaki stood up.

"Alright. I thank you all for coming to the first daily morning meeting! I hereby call that meeting to order!" He shouted at the now quiet dining hall.

All eyes were on him as he cleared his throat. "First order of business is our initial investigation of this place. We all separated and explored different parts of this school. We will now share what we discovered. I'll go first, if that's alright, Hiroko."

The woman nodded, putting her feet on the table. "Knock yourself out, Kiki."

The man nodded firmly, deciding to allow feet on the table. "Thank you. Hiroko and I, and I guess Kameko as well, investigated the area called the playground on the map in our handbooks. There was a set of double doors that led out to a small area outside. Before you ask, there was no way out. There was a metal fence that fenced the entire area off, all the way from the ground to the third floor window. We couldn't see outside, because there were heavy tarps covering the fences. The only light was coming from a light fixture attached to the top of the fence structure. There was a swing set directly below the windows, next to the doors on the ground, as well as another set of swings, this time just in the middle of the yard. There wasn't anything of interest asides from the swings. The fences were very stable, no way to knock them down. We can't get out that way. We did find a coin on one of the swings. Hiroko had two, so she let me have it."

"Says you." The woman said. "You snatched that thing up like it was evidence for a murder."

Komaru spoke up "Speaking of coins, Yuta and I fou-"

"Be quiet!" Takaaki yelled. "Please wait for your report."

Komaru closed her mouth, a bit sad.

Everyone was quiet as the policeman cleared his throat again. "Okay. Who would like to go next?"

"I'd like to report." Fuhito said, standing up.

Takaaki sat down, letting the older man have the floor.

"I went to look at the suspicious room labeled with the bear head." He began. "The room had a large red door leading to it. Unfortunately, it was locked tight, so I decided to look elsewhere. The nurse's office was also locked, which is why is wasn't on the map. So, I decided to look through the two classrooms. I remember waking up in there, so I assume that we all did at some point. There was nothing there, except for a coin that was identical to one I found in my room."

Komaru and Yuta remained silent.

"I say we should go next." Kanon said, pulling Ayaka up with her. The latter of which seemed a bit shy about it.