Chapter 10: Workout

-Komaru P. O. V.-

After breakfast and the morning meeting, I found myself in my room.

"Looks like I've got some free time on my hands."

I thought to myself.

What do I want to do with my free time?

I decided to go look for someone to spend time with.

I walked out into the halls and took a walk.

Takaaki was walking around, patrolling the halls.

Hmm... Should I talk to Takaaki for a while?

I'll go see who else is around.

I kinda wanted to talk to Hiroko, but I couldn't find her anywhere.

I thought for a moment. Who would I want to hang out with and where would I find them?

"Hey Komaru!"

I turned around to see Yuta with two towels over his shoulder. "Hey Yuta! What's up?"

"I was gonna go to the gym and workout. You wanna join me? I could use a workout buddy."

Hmm... Should I hang out with Yuta for a while?

I'll spend some time with Yuta.

"Sure!" I said with a smile. "Let's go!"

He smiled back at me. "Great!"

Yuta and I headed to the gym. For a while, I watched him run laps around the gym. He was so fast. No wonder he's the Ultimate Track And Field Star.

When he was finished, he wiped his sweat off with one of the towels as we chatted on the bottom step of the bleachers.

Yuta and I grew a little closer today.

Do I want to give Yuta a present?

The only thing I have is that Rose In Vitro...

Not really, no.

Before my cheeks could turn pink, I pushed the thought out of my mind.

"So Komaru" Yuta suddenly started "There's uhh...  there's another part of my workout that I have to do, but... I-I don't think you want to see that part..." He scratched the back of his head, nervously.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well, you know how I brought two towels?"

I nodded.

"Well... There's a special workout that Sis does, and she had me start doing it too. But, it's a little bit personal... I don't do it with Sis. She doesn't seem to care as much, but I do..."

I was a bit confused. "What do you mean?"

"Komaru, do you know what I'm talking about? What workout I'm going to do with the towel?"

Hmm... I think he's talking about...

"Are you talking about Kanpu masatsu?"

That cheered him up a bit. "Yeah, that's right! Though, Sis and I call it 'towel treatment' to make it easier to remember. Sis and I ALWAYS do the towel treatment after we work out, thought, we don't do it together. It's just a natural thing for us after our workouts, and not even in a situation like this can I ditch my habits. I gotta stay in shape. I'm on the track team after all!" Then he suddenly looked nervous again. "Do you... know... what towel treatment involves?"