Chapter 4: Kanon Nakajima

-Komaru P. O. V.-

I watched Takemichi go sit down up closer to the front. I didn't want to talk to anyone since I didn't know them, so I kind of just twiddled my thumbs and waited for Yuta.

"Hiya girlie! You miss your boyfriend?" I jumped at the sound of a girl's voice.

I somehow didn't notice a girl with chestnut colored brown hair find her way up here. She was in the seat on my other side, not the one Yuta was in. Her eyes were a pale yellow and wore a black ribbon and a high school sailor uniform like I do, but a different kind.

"What? Who are you?"

She was practically bubbling over with energy. "I'm Kanon Nakajima! How are you?"

"I'm... good. My name is Komaru Naegi."

"Well, nice to meet you, Komaru!"

"Yeah, you too." I wonder why Yuta said she was weird. "Why'd you come up here?"

"A few reasons. Mainly because you and little Yuta looked so cute together! Oh, you want him inside of you, don't you!?"

...There it is.

My face was red. "W-What!? No I don't! I just met him!"

She wiggled her eyebrows, smirking at me. "Oh, you want him so badly, don't you? You want him to explore your caves!"

"W-What are you talking about!?"

"Admit it! It's all over your face!"

"N-no! I just met Yuta today! Listen, is that really the reason you came up here for?"

"Well, I also saw that grumpy wumpy Takemichi bothered you two." My attempt to change the subject seemed to have worked. "He's a bit touch, but he's soooooo hot! Not as hot as Big Brother Leon, though."

"Big Brother Leon?"

"Hey! I just met you! I'm not sharing any personal details about my life yet!"

"Well, you kinda revealed that you are extremely perverted."

She glared at me.

Maybe I don't want to get on her bad side.

-Yuta P. O. V.-

Komaru was right. Sis was in a killing game.

After I recorded the message, I went back to the auditorium, passing that Masaru kid along the way.

When I came in, I saw Kanon glaring at Komaru. I decided to step in.

"Hey, Kanon, it's okay. I'm sure Komaru didn't mean to upset you."

The two girls looked at me. Kanon was silent, but looked more calm now. "Hi Yuta!" Komaru smiled as she greeted me.

"Hey." I said back.

"How'd it go?"

I sighed, sitting down. "As best as it could. Oh, Kanon, they want you next."

She shrugged. "Okay. Fine by me. You two enjoy yourselves!"

I could feel my face blushing. "J-Just go."

She got up. "Okay."

I thought she was going to scoot right past us, but she shoved Komaru into me and hurried out the door.

I could feel... her...

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" My face was heating up.

Her face was also red when she got back into her normal sitting position. "N-No, it's not your fault. Kanon was just being weird."

I laughed awkwardly. "Yeah. I told you she was weird."

Komaru laughed too, the awkward mood disappearing. "So, what about the others." She looked at all the other seats in the auditorium. I looked around too.

Taichi, Hiroko, Takaaki, and Kenshiro looked like they were having a civil conversation. Aloysius was alone, as was Fuhito. Fujiko seemed to be attempting to talk to Ayaka, who was ignoring her, for good reason. Takemichi was off by himself, being grumpy again.

"I'll introduce you to them later, if we're here for long."

She pat my shoulder. "I'm sure we'll be fine."

I smiled. "Thanks Komaru. Oh, and thank you for being honest about the killing game. It helped me be ready for the message."

"No problem!"

She's a nice girl.

I'm glad to know her.

-Komaru P. O. V.-

After a few minutes of talking to Yuta, mostly keeping each other calm and reassuring each other about our siblings, Kanon came back in and sat down a few seats behind Takemichi.

"Hiroko! You're turn!" She yelled as she sat down.

A woman with pink hair who was smoking a cigarette stood up. "Thanks, Kaka." She walked up the aisle and out the doors.

That's kind of how things went for a while. Yuta and I kept talking about what our siblings must be doing and that they're alright, when suddenly, the doors of the auditorium opened and Masaru and Nagisa came though and went on the stage.

"Thank you all for cooperating with us so easily." Nagisa said. "It made this a lot easier."

"What the hell was all that about!" Takemichi yelled at him.

Nagisa sighed. "I see you weren't listening. Well, in simple terms, your loved ones that went to Hope's Peak aren't actually at Hope's Peak. It has been taken over by Big Sis Junko and Big Sis Mukuro. The two of them are forcing your loved ones to kill each other to leave. They had us kidnap you and hold you hostage as an incentive to make them kill each other. The messages we recorded will be shown to them to make them kill, saying that they will reunite with you after they escape."

"So, we are free now? We recorded the message, so we can go now?" I asked.

The Warriors of Hope laughed. "Silly demon!" Kotoko said, giggling.

"What more do you want from us?" Yuta asked.

"Well, if you were all free to go, you'd try to help Big Brother find his Big Bang Monokuma! And we can't have that, as that would ruin the game." Monaca said.

"Big Bang Monokuma?" I asked.

"Big Brother?" Kanon asked.

Nagisa stiffened. "Monaca, you can't tell them about that! Forget what you heard!" He cleared his throat. "Anyway, you can't leave this school, so you all will remain here at Hope's Peak Elementary."

"That's where we are?" I said aloud.

"What the hell do you mean we can't fucking leave!?" Takemichi yelled, standing up.

"Well, there is one way out." Nagisa said.

I don't like where this is going.

"Then tell us, fucker!" Takemichi was really angry.

"You kill someone." He said, his tone somehow more serious then his usual serious one.

A cold chill ran up my spine as the atmosphere in the room turned from tense to terrifying.

The words kept repeating in my head.

Nagisa spoke again. "You have to kill someone to get out. After you kill someone, we will hold a class trial to determine who the killer is. If the killer is found out, they are executed. If the true killer is not found, everyone else is executed and the killer is allowed to leave. You all should go to the gym for your handbook. Enjoy your Hostage Life of Mutual Killing."

With that, the curtains closed.

I have a really bad feeling about this.