Chapter 3: Yuta Asahina

-Komaru P. O. V.-

After I finished me message, Nagisa walked out from behind the camera. "Very good. Go back to the auditorium and call the old man here."

"Old... man?"

He rolled his eyes. "Fuhito Kirigiri. Send him here."

I nodded, knowing there's no fighting this and silently left the room.

As I walked back, halfway to the auditorium was that Masaru kid. He was leaning against the wall, his hands behind his head.

"Why are you out here?" I asked, once again letting my curiosity get the better of me.

He looked over at me, almost uninterested. "Oh, you already finished your message? Guess that old demon's next."

"Why are you out here?" I repeated.

"I'm making sure nobody tries to run. Even though you can't escape anyways, I'm making this go as fast as I can."

I don't think I wanted to know, but I asked anyway. "What happens if we try to run?"

"We call security."

"W-What's security?"

"I think you'd better go back to the auditorium now." He abandoned the conversation and just stared at the wall in front of him. I decided there was no point talking to him anymore, so I went back to the auditorium.

When I entered, all the people, even the remaining three Warriors of Hope, stared at me, expecting something.

"Umm... Nagisa said he wanted Fuhito. Who's that?"

"That would be me." An old man with white hair said, standing up. I noticed he had glasses on, along with a mustache and a beard. "Thank you, young lady."

He walked up the aisle and brushed past me as he left. I was a bit tired, so I just sat in a seat right there in the back.

When I sat down, I felt something and heard someone go "Oof!" and instantly got up. "Eep!" I screeched quietly.

That tan boy was sitting in that seat. I bowed. "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!"

He chuckled awkwardly while scratching the back of his head. "N-No, please, it's not a big deal."

I slipped past him and sat in the seat next to him. "Why are you back here now? I thought you were sitting somewhere closer?"

He sighed. "Those kids, the Warrior of Hope, they make me a bit... uncomfortable. Plus, a few of the other people here are kinda weird. I mean, they aren't all bad. Taichi is pretty nice, and Kenshiro is very kind, but Takemichi is really aggressive, Takaaki is a bit grouchy, and Kanon and Fujiko are... kinda weird."

"I... don't really know who you mean..." I felt a bit stupid.

"Oh, I'm a bit weird about people's names, so I went around and introduced myself to everyone here. Oh, I haven't really met you, yet, huh? My name is Yuta Asahina."

I smiled. Yuta seemed like a very friendly kid. "My name is Komaru Naegi. Nice to meet you, Yuta."

He smiled, then he started moving his finger across his palm like he was writing something. "Komaru... Naegi... Komaru... Naegi... Komaru... Naegi..."

"What... What are you doing?" I asked him.

He stopped and looked up. "Oh, this? If you wanna really remember a name, write it down on your palm three times. Me and Sis do this all the time!"

"You have a sister?"

His cheerful personality suddenly got a bit... sad. "Yeah. Her name's Aoi, but most people call her Hina. She went to Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Swimming Pro. I hope she didn't get into any trouble like we did..."

I wanted to tell him, but I'm not sure if I wanted to make him any more sad. No, he deserves to know. "Yuta...?"

"Yeah Komaru?"

"About your sister..."

"Do you know if she's alright?"

"Well... maybe. You see, my brother, Makoto also went to Hope's Peak, but as the Ultimate Lucky Student. Nagisa brought me to the AV room and made me record a message for him. He said... He said that Makoto and his classmates are in a killing game, so I think that includes your sister, too..."

He looked scared, worried, shocked. "Sis..."

"I'm sorry, Yuta..."

Suddenly, he hugged me, and I heard soft sobbing over my shoulder. "Sis..."

I hugged him back, gently patting him on the back. "It's okay, Yuta. I'm sure she's fine, just like my big brother."

After a moment, he let go of me and sat back in his seat. He was wiping tears from his eyes. "Yeah... Yeah, you're right!" His sad expression turned back to his normal happy one. "Yeah, I'm sure they're fine! Sis would never let a challenge stop her! Thanks Komaru."

I laughed. "No problem, Yuta."

"God, can you two just fucking get a room?"

We both looked at the door to see who I assumed was Takemichi leaning against the door to leave.

"Komaru, this is Takemichi." So I was right.

"Yeah, nice to fucking meet ya. Anyway, can you two just shut the fuck up with all the lovey dovey shit?" He grumbled almost violently.

I could tell my cheeks were pink. "We're not being lovey dovey!" I defended.

"Come on, Takemichi, lighten up a little!" Yuta tried to reason with him.

"Yeah yeah, whatever man. Anyway, you're up, Yuta."

"What?" Yuta asked him.

"After the old geezer finished, it was my turn. Yuta, you're turn to go record a fucking message."

"Oh, okay. Bye Komaru." Yuta gave me a smile and a small wave before he left the auditorium.

He seems like a nice boy.

"You're fooling yourself, kid." Takemichi still leaned against the door.

"What?" I asked.

"You're fooling yourself if you think our families will be alright. Your brother, Yuta's sister, the leader of the biker gang I'm in. They're all gonna die."

"You... you don't know that! They could survive!"

"Don't be so fucking stupid. Not even we are gonna make it outta here alive. These bastard kids put us in a shitty situation, and this is it."

"Don't be so negative!"

"I can be as negative as I want to fucking be."

"Yeah, well I think you just need a friend!"

"I don't need any of you guys to be my friends."

"What about Yuta? Or me? We can be your friends."

"Yuta's a bit too naive for me. And you? I'm not interested in females." After that, he just grumbled off to a seat down closer to the front.

I sighed.

This might be a bit difficult.