Chapter 12: Friendly Conversation

-Third Person P. O. V.-

Komaru and Yuta entered the hotel. They went into the dining hall, hoping to find someone eating, and also a snack.

Luckily, they were right. At the main table was Taichi, Kenshiro with Cheri in his lap, Hiroko with Kameko's jar beside her, and Ayaka, chatting quietly.

At a table a bit away was Takemichi, and Kanon was sitting with him, practically drooling over him.

"Komaru! Yuta! Hello there!" Kenshiro greeted. "Come, sit."

The two sat down at the table. "Are you two hungry? I finished eating my lunch, and I would happily fix you a plate of pork cutlet on rice with egg if you would like."

"You okay with that, Yuta?" Komaru checked with her friend.

The boy nodded. "As long as it isn't too much of a bother."

Kenshiro laughed, standing up and setting Cheri down on his chair. "Nonsense. I'm happy to be of service." He walked into the kitchen.

"He's been a very nice man. I'm very glad that I met him." Taichi said. "He's always looking after Cheri. He almost never lets him out of his sight."

"Just like me and little Kameko here." Hiroko shared.

Komaru reached a hand out to pet Cheri when he suddenly hissed at her, almost clawing her. "Yikes!"

Hiroko laughed. "Watch out, Koko. Little Cheri there isn't too friendly to us ladies. He nearly sliced into my perfect face."

"That cat's the only other person around here that fucking understands me!" Takemichi shouted from the other table.

"So, where are the others?" Yuta asked, changing topics.

"Fuhito is over in the foyer, Takaaki came by just now to get a drink and then went to his room, Fujiko hasn't shown up yet today, so I guess she's in her room, and Aloysius is cleaning the kitchen." Taichi said.

"I was also preparing some tea."

The group turned to see Aloysius walk out of the kitchen carrying a tray with a teapot, some cups, and a sugar dish. Kenshiro was with him, carrying two plates. He set the plates in front of Komaru and Yuta. He then took Cheri onto his lap as he sat down.

Aloysius gave everyone a cup and poured some tea. He even walked over and served Takemichi and Kanon. He then sat down at the main table, setting the sugar dish in the center in case anyone wanted a cube or two.

"You seemed very... reserved before. Why are you being so nice now?" Komaru asked.

"You may ask Mr. Kirigiri if you wish to know the details, but for now I am going to act as if Master Byakuya has given me certain orders." The butler answered, sipping a cup of tea himself.

"Oh! I just remembered! Komaru and I have to explain something to you guys! We discovered something about the report cards in our handbooks." Yuta exclaimed.

After they finished explaining, Taichi had a question.

"Why do Cheri and Kameko have profiles? I mean, they are pets. How will their profiles update? Yuta's updated with what he said. They can't speak. So, how will it work?"

Nobody had a good answer. "I don't really care." Takemichi said.

"Does anybody care if we look at their profiles? Yuta and I don't really care, and Takaaki's fine with everyone but, Hiroko." Komaru said.

"I'll look at what I want. And you guys can read mine, I got nothing to hide." Hiroko said.

Everyone agreed to allow each of them to be free to read each of their profiles.

"I'll read out everyone's abilities." Yuta volunteered. The group consented.

"Takemichi is the Ultimate Flag Carrier."

"Well, it's my fucking job after all."

"Taichi is the Ultimate Security Guard."

"Well, I did have a job as a security guard in the past, but I wasn't the best person at it."

"Alyosius is the Ultimate Butler."

"A title that would make Master Byakuya proud."

"Cheri... is the Ultimate Royal Pet... And Kameko is the Ultimate Stinkbug..."

"Certainly fits them." Hiroko said.

"Kenshiro is the Ultimate Martial Artist."

"I suppose that is very fitting."

"Kanon is the Ultimate Sports Coach."

"It's what I do best."

"Hiroko is the Ultimate Nurse."

"I am a very skilled nurse."

"And Ayaka is the Ultimate Pop Sensation."

"I guess I could be called tha- Wait... Did you say pop sensation?"

Yuta nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"Well... It's just that, I know someone that went to Hope's Peak as the Ultimate Pop Sensation. It's Sayaka. She's why I'm here right now."

Suddenly, Komaru's eyes widened. "Oh my god! How did I not recognize you!? Especially since I read your full name earlier! I just didn't think you'd be in a place like this! You're Ayaka Haneyama! Ayakasu, the Guardian Deity of Iron! From Sayaka Maizono's band! I'm such a huge fan!"

Kanon suddenly rushed over and sat down at the main table. "You're THE Ayaka Haneyama!? I'm a huge fan too! Rock you like Ayakasu!"

For the first time since she entered this place, Ayaka smiled. "You... you're fans? You... know me?"

"Of course we know you! You're a famous idol!" Komaru yelled.

"You're favorite member!" Kanon added.

"I'm... so happy... This never happens to me!" Ayaka was practically crying tears of joy.

"Sorry to interrupt, but you said that your friend was the Ultimate Pop Sensation? What do you think that means if you're also one?" Hiroko said.

"That's not the only thing. I swear I heard that someone went to Hope's Peak as the Ultimate Nurse before." Taichi said. "My son enrolled, so I wanted to make sure there wasn't anyone with any dangerous talents. Everyone seemed petty okay, except for the Ultimate Biker Gang Leader, so I warned him to stay away from him as much as possible."

"Actually, my girlfriend came here as the Ultimate Martial Artist, so I wonder why I am also one." Kenshiro added.

"Maybe we should ask the Warriors of Hope the next time we see them." Komaru suggested.

"Good idea." Hiroko said.

Yuta and Komaru had finished their food, so Yuta stood up. "Komaru, let's go." He looked at the group. "We're gonna go find Fuhito and Fujiko and tell them what we found out.

Komaru got up. "Okay. Catch you guys later!"

Everyone waved as the two kids left the dining hall and headed for Fujiko's room.