Chapter Eleven

"And over there is the waterfall. It's my personal favorite," Katrine pointed to a beautiful, majestic waterfall. We had been out for about two hours, and she finished showing me some of the land. "Isn't is just gorgeous?"

"Quite," I murmured while looking down at my feet.

She seemed to notice my quietness the entirety of the tour, as she commented. "Are you alright?" I nodded and forced a smile. "You've just been a bit quiet."

I needed an excuse, and quick. "I've just been feeling a bit under the weather lately. It hurts to talk, so I'm trying to speak as little as possible."

Her mouth rounded into an 'o' shape, "Oh, I'm sorry." I was so glad she bought that. We continued to walk, but then she suddenly stopped. "Hey you say it hurts to talk?" I nodded. "Our pack doctor probably has some medicine to fix you up!"

"It's fine - really," I panicked. She waved her arms as I continued, trying to talk over her.

"No, really. It's no trouble. Plus, you'll be able to meet our doctor, he's very nice." Katrine gripped my arm and pulled me towards buildings. I unwillingly was tugged along down the street.

Five minutes later we arrived at what I assumed was the hospital. The whole time I was trying to convince her I was fine, but she wouldn't take it. She insisted I be taking care of immediately.

"Jax!" Katrine called as she ran through the white halls. A man, probably a few years older than me walked out wearing a white coat and glasses. He was quite attractive, and I could tell Katrine thought so as well, as she blushed a bit when she saw him.

He eyed me and then turned to Katrine. "Katrine, can I help you?" She stiffened and bit her lip. "Who is your friend?"

She shook herself out of her daze. "This is Harley, Ashton's mate. Harley this is Jax, the pack doctor."

He walked to us and grabbed my hand. Then he placed a soft kiss on my hand. "Nice to meet you Luna."

"Please, just Harley," I cut in.

"Of course, Harley. What can I do for you ladies?" Jax asked.

"You see," Katrine started, "Harley says she has been feeling a bit under the weather." I tried to interject, but she wouldn't let me. "So I figured I should bring her here."

Jax nodded and turned, "Harley why don't you follow me." I walked and Katrine followed. "Katrine, as much as I would love for you to accompany, do you mind waiting for just a moment?"

Her face fell a bit but she nodded, "Not at all." She sat down in a white chair in the waiting area. I followed Jax into a room with blue walls.

"So I'm assuming you aren't sick," Jax said as he sat down at his computer. I jumped up onto the examining table. I faked a coughed and Jax sighed. "Okay, this is obviously a mental case. So what's wrong?" 

"I am fine," I said. I swung my legs, since the table was too high for me to put my feet onto the ground.

He organized his desk, "Are you scared?"

"Why would I be scared," I laughed.

Jax stood and walked towards me. "You're new here, and don't know anyone." He slipped behind me on the other side of the table. "And," he started as he moved closer to me, I could feel his breath against my neck, "you're beautiful."

I jumped off the table. "Get away from me." He inched closer to me every second. I stepped back until I was against the pale blue wall. He stroked my cheek with his hand. I pushed him but that only encouraged him. "I said get away!" My knee connected with his manhood and he grunted. He moved away from me and I ran out of the room.

Katrine looked up from the magazine she was reading and smiled. "Are you feeling better?"

"Definitely," I said and walked out.

"Aren't we going to say goodbye to Jax?" Katrine asked.

I shook my head, "He said he had a lot of papers too work through."

Katrine shrugged and stood up from the chair. "Well let's go. We should go get some dinner." I nodded and followed her out of the hospital.