Chapter Twenty-Three

As I sat in Ashton's house, I was nearly shaking with worry. My mind was racing with different scenarios, but all ended with Ashton's death. The infamous voice of my stalker was playing on a constant loop. "You must do exactly as I say, or Ashton will die," his evil words said.

I tried my best to take my mind off of it, but it wasn't easy. The lights in the house were off, and there was nothing to entertain me. I couldn't risk someone hearing the television playing or the sound of a radio. Besides, I couldn't do any of that even if I wanted to. My crutches were nowhere to be seen, and the television remote was sitting on the island in the kitchen.

I looked out the window and noticed that it was starting to rain. Shutting my eyes, I silently prayed. "Let him be okay, let his pack be okay," I whispered to no one in particular. I just hoped that someone heard me.

Eventually, I reclined on the couch, trying to relax myself. The house was nearly pitch black, as the sun had completely set and the clouds were covering the moonlight. I tried to sleep, and thought about how I would wake up to see Ashton coming home. It seemed to work, and my eyelids became heavy with weariness.

Just as I was about to fall asleep completely, I heard a sound at one of the side doors that led to the backyard. Instantly, I sat up. "Ashton?" I whispered, but there was no reply. Why would he be coming from the backyard?

The sounds stopped for a moment, and I furrowed my brows in confusion. Could it have just been a small animal? My question was answered as an extremely loud crashing sound came from the side of the house. It was certainly not a small animal.

My heart began to race, and I tried to get myself off of the couch. After struggling, I realized I was going to have to accept the pain. I rolled off of the couch, trying my best to avoid my broken leg. I crawled across the floor, away from where the sound came from. My body felt like it was on fire, the pain in my leg becoming intense. I pushed through the pain, trying to get to somewhere I could hide. I knew there was a closet under the stairs, so I headed there.

I was just a few feet away from the closet. I continued to drag myself across the floor, using all of my upper body strength. My heart was beating hard against my chest as I stretched to reach the door handle. I wrapped my hand around the handle and pushed the door open.

As I began to crawl into the closet, a deep voice called to me. "Well what do we have here?"

I looked over to where the noise came from and my breathing nearly stopped. In front of me were two men that I had never seen before. They both were nearly six and a half feet, with massive, protruding muscles. They looked almost identical, they must've been twins. The only defining features between them was that one of them had a large scar on his face and was missing his left eye.

"So the new Alpha really is her mate," the one-eyed brother said to the other. "The boss was right." I wondered who their boss was. Was it the man who called me on the phone? It had to be.

I shook my head, and with a trembling voice I tried to speak as firmly as I could. "He's not my mate." It wasn't a complete lie.

They looked at each other and then began to approach me. Within two steps they were next to me, staring down. Suddenly, the other brother finally spoke. "Then I guess he won't mind if we have a little fun," he chuckled evilly.

Before I could even speak, each of the brothers grabbed me. The one-eyed man held my arms and other brother grabbed my legs. I screamed in agony as my broken leg became twisted when I fought against them. I tried to squirm out of their arms, but their hold on me was tight.

They brought me to the dining room table, near where they had broken in. The one-eyed man held my arms down on the table so that it was impossible for me to get up. As the other brother set my legs down, I used all of the power that I had to kick him in the stomach with the leg that wasn't broken.

He was surprised by my attack and stumbled back a few feet. He growled loudly and pounced. Instantly, he was on top of me, with his brother still holding my arms above my head. He slapped me extremely hard across the face and I cried from the pain. My face was stinging from the contact.

He retracted his hand and looked at me with anger in his eyes. Suddenly, however, his expression changed and he smirked. He began to feel my body, running his hands up and down the curves of my hips. His touch on my skin made me nauseous and I attempted to shake him off of me.

I was completely trapped, so I did the only thing I could. I inhaled deeply and screamed as loudly as I could, "Ashton!"

The man on top of me began to chuckle wildly. "He can't help you now. You're all mine."

He ripped apart my shirt, leaving me in my bra. I tried to pull my arms out of the grasp of the one-eyed brother, but that only made his hold tighter. The other brother began to run his fingers across my bra. "Don't touch me," I said with a strained voice as I struggled to try and free myself.

"I won't touch you," he began, "there." He instantly jumped off of me and moved toward my legs. He began to tug on the hem of the shorts I was wearing. Sadistically, he slowly slid my shorts down and off of my body. I was left nearly completely exposed, only in a bra and underwear.

Unconsciously my eyes began to tear up. I was completely helpless and I hated the feeling. My broken leg left me unable to fight, and mentally my mind was elsewhere. Despite the situation I was in, I still worried about Ashton.

"Aren't you just lovely? It's a good thing the boss sent us to get you," he said as the one-eyed brother laughed wickedly. His calloused hands moved around my lower body, and he began to stroke my thighs. He gradually got closer and closer to my underwear. He placed his hand on my hip, hooking his finger around the soft fabric.

Just as he was about to pull off my underwear, there was a loud growl from the corner of the room. Suddenly, the man was ripped off of me and thrown across the room. I watched as he hit the wall, leaving a large hole. He groaned in pain as he tried to get up.

I looked up and Ashton was in front of me. He was baring sharp teeth and was breathing heavily. He didn't look like himself. He looked like a rabid Alpha male.

The one-eyed brother that was holding me down suddenly let go of me and ran toward Ashton. He punched Ashton, which only ignited his anger further. Ashton forcefully shoved the man to the floor and jumped on top of him, beginning to strike blows to his head over and over again. The man groaned, trying to push Ashton off of him but failed.

The one-eyed man began to fall unconscious as Ashton continued to hit him. There was blood pouring from his head, and eventually his lifeless eyes opened. Ashton had beat him to death.

I couldn't move from the table, because of the pain I was in, however, I saw the other brother get up from near the wall and begin to rush toward Ashton. "Behind you," I screamed at Ashton as he continued to hit the one-eyed man's corpse.

Ashton turned around just as the other brother launched himself onto Ashton. Ashton fell to the ground from the surprise attack. The man began to hit Ashton, but only landed a few punches before Ashton was able to switch their positions so that he was on top of the man. Ashton suddenly ripped through the man's chest. The man screamed in agony, but not for long. Ashton quickly pulled out the man's heart and threw it across the room. The man's body fell limp under Ashton.

Instantly, Ashton stood up and ran over to me. He looked at me with a worried expression across his face. Softly, he lifted me from the table and sat on the floor, cradling me in his arms. "I'm so sorry Harley," he whispered, staring into my eyes.

I shook my head and tried to speak to tell him it wasn't his fault, but I couldn't. I was too exhausted, injured, and traumatized to say anything. Instead, I began to cry. With everything that had just happened, I needed to release my tears. Ashton didn't say anything. He just held me.