Fragile Hearts: Three

She tore her eyes away from the clock on the wall. It's constant ticking filled the room with an eerie feeling that ate the Hyūga live. Crossing her legs at the knees she brought her coffee mug to her nude painted lips and took a sip of the hot beverage.

It was 7:45 p.m and Kiba would be there soon to take her to the party. The week had gone by much too quickly for her liking and now it was time to face her demons. Her lavender eyes glanced down at her phone beside her on the couch. She checked to see if she had any miss calls, however the last person in her call log was Sasuke. He'd called earlier to invite her out to lunch, but Hinata knew better. She knew that he only wanted to find out if she was still going to his party. She saw right through him, just as she did everyone.

Unfolding her legs her toes touched her soft checkered carpet and a sigh escaped her lips. She was getting tenser by the minute. Getting to her feet she walked to the kitchen slowly, enjoying the feel of the warm mug in her hands for a little longer. The heat seeped into her body, reminding her that she was alive after all. She hadn't died back then and she wouldn't die tonight.

After putting away her favourite coffee mug she began walking to her room, however she paused when there was a knock on the front door. Hinata's pale eyes darted to the clock where she realized that Kiba still had nine minutes. Furrowing her eyebrows she marched towards the door, the nerves in her stomach making a knot.

"You're early-" she stopped once she realized that it wasn't her brown haired friend.

"Whoa," Tamaki said sizing her up. "Going somewhere?"

The Hyūga blushed, "y-yeah."

"Well I guess me coming over here was a waste of time." She mumbled to herself, once she saw the confused look on Hinata's face she decided to elaborate. "I was wondering if we could hang out. You know, like watch a few movies and stuff."

"Oh. Sorry, I have a friend's engagement party to attend tonight."

The brunette nodded slowly in understanding. "Rain check?"

"Of course," she smiled.

"Okay, well enjoy your night," she said with a wave.

The Hyūga waved back with a fake smile, "thanks." As soon as Tamaki was gone she closed the door and sighed. Enjoy your night. She groaned as she knew that as long as he was there she wouldn't enjoy one bit of it. Panic rushed through her causing her to reach for her phone. She'd call Kiba and cancel, surely he'd understand. However as soon as she finished dialing his number there was another knock on her door.

"Seriously?" Hinata whispered in frustration. Placing her phone on her coffee table she went to open the door once more.

"W-wow," was the first thing she heard from him. His eyes scanned her attire from head to toe. "You look..." He trailed off seeming to be at a loss for words. "...amazing."

Hinata blushed crimson, "thanks. You don't look too bad yourself," she replied with a sheepish smile, his reaction cheering her up a little. The Inuzuka was dressed in a casual, slim, brown blazer with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows, over a plain, white, v-neck t-shirt with navy blue, denim jeans.

He chuckled and pushed his hands into his pockets. "Well, shall we go?"

"Let me get my bag," Hinata responded turning on her heels. She rushed into her bedroom and took one last look at herself in the mirror. Her midnight blue hair was caught in a high ponytail, leaving her bang to sweep over her forehead. The pale girl wore a lavender lush blouson chiffon skater dress that complimented her milky skin. It stopped mid thigh much to her disappointment, she usually went for a more conservative look, but the heat of spring drove her to extreme measures. Her matching flats were silent against the carpet in her room as she went for her handbag.