Fragile Hearts: Eight

She stood outside her door for what seemed like hours. Her nerves preventing her from knocking on the solid, white wash door. What would she say? How would see explain her behaviour in the past seven days? Would she over look it? She didn't quite know.

With a long sigh Hinata straightened her shoulders and raised her fist. She knocked twice, completely ignoring the doorbell. The sound of shuffling on the other side of the door made her wonder what exactly she was doing in there. She tapped her foot on the carpeted floor in the hallway and waited, until finally the door opened.

For a moment both girls just stood staring at each other, taking in each other's appearance. Hinata was clad in a black and red plaid sleeping shorts and a white shirt with black long sleeves. Whereas Tamaki was still in her bathrobe with a towel wrapped around her hair.

"Hinata," she said surprised.

The pale girl raised a hand, "hi."

"What are you doing over here?" She asked folding her arms over her chest.

"W-well firstly, I'd like to apologize for my behaviour in the past few days...I wasn't myself."

Tamaki smiled, "hey it's okay. We all have our off days."

The Hyūga smiled, "and I wanted to know if you were still up for watching a few movies and stuff."

"Of course. I'll be right over, just let me get dressed," she said glancing behind her into her apartment.

Hinata nodded, "okay. Let yourself in."

"Gotcha." Hinata felt a lot better as she walked back to her apartment, it was good to know she hadn't lost any of her friend...in fact she had gained a new one. A very persistent one at that.

Leaving her flip flops at the door, she made her way into the kitchen. The microwave had already stopped, meaning the popcorn was ready. She emptied the bloated bag's contents into a large bowl and placed it on top of the large pizza box on the counter. It was the usual, pizza and popcorn, though at that point she'd rather have coffee.

The ringing of her house phone brought her into the living room. Quickly detaching the handset she placed it at her ear. "Hello?"

"Is this Hinata Hyūga?" The caller asked in a hoarse voice.

Hinata furrowed her eyebrows, "yes..."

"Oh, well I just called to ask you something."

"Who is this?"

He completely ignored her previous question and continued to ask his, "what are you wearing?"

Her eyes widened and her hand clenched the phone tighter. She had no idea of how that pervert got her number, nor who the pervert was and because of that she felt uneasy. "I'm hanging up now."

There was a rich laughter on the other end which caused her to rethink ending the call. She knew that laugh anywhere, "okay, okay please don't hang up," he said in his normal voice.

"How'd you get my number?"

"Trust me, it wasn't easy, but as I said before, I have connections."

Hinata deadpanned, "goodbye."

"Wait, wait!" She could hear the panic in his voice. "I really did have a reason for calling you."

"Besides scaring me half to death?" She asked ruffling her bang.

"You were scared?"

"Yes. I've watched enough horror movies to know that the killer could be watching me from my window," she explained causing him to laugh at her thought process. "Glad I can amuse you. I thought you were some pervert."