Fragile Hearts: Thirty-One

Naruto woke up long before Hinata did, but he decided not to disturb her. His cerulean blue eyes stared at the Hyūga's sleeping face that was facing him for a few long minute. She looked paler than usual which made him frown knowing that it was because she was worried about him.

He reached forward and stroked her cheek with his thumb then picked up her limp hand and pressed the back of it to his lips. Placing it back down slowly he then proceeded to roll out of bed. He needed to shower and change his clothes...maybe even make breakfast for Hinata if she didn't wake up.

He got up slowly and winced from the pain he felt in his side, maybe sleep wasn't all he needed to get better. It took longer than expected but he finally got his clothes and locked himself inside his bathroom. Naruto looked at himself in the bathroom mirror and pulled his lips into a thin line. His eyes were dull and the bandaid that was pressed over the cut on his cheek was a showstopper. Sighing he realized that Hinata had seen him when his face looked much worse, which made him cringe.

The blonde stripped off his clothes and got under the spray of the warm water. It was really relaxing, but it made him feel sleepy at the same time. Naruto's thoughts roamed as he took a shower; he thought of the fight he had with Toneri last night, of what he did and of Hinata of course. He needed to know why she came back so quickly and if she was okay. As much as he was going through a crisis at the moment he still wanted to make sure that she was doing well.

It was a while before Naruto was completely finished inside the bathroom. He stepped out with a towel to dry his wet hair and went downstairs. The blonde stopped when he saw Kurama sleeping in the couch in the living room. He smiled knowing that he'd usually sleep at the foot of his room, but since Hinata was there he didn't bother.

The Uzumaki continued to the kitchen and thought of what to make for Hinata. He knew she loved cinnamon rolls, Naruto scratched the back of his head as he didn't know where to even start when making them.

Let's just start with coffee.

He smiled at the thought and began making a fresh pot of coffee...something he was capable of doing.

Hinata didn't wake up until about an hour later. The sun had risen and the spot beside her was empty. The Hyūga slowly rubbed her eyes and yawned while using her free hand to feel for another body. When she felt only the bed cover she quickly turned to see if Naruto really wasn't there.

Where could he...?

Her thoughts trailed off as she got out of bed and started looking around. She didn't care how she looked, finding a certain blonde was her only priority at that moment. Her search led her downstairs where she passed Kurama sitting by the front door. Bending she rubbed his head gently, bidding him a good morning.

Suddenly there was a loud hiss that came from the kitchen followed by the sound of something falling. Kurama ran off towards the source of the sound with Hinata following behind; a puzzled expression plastered on her face. Upon entering the kitchen she saw Naruto with a finger in his mouth, while his other hand was busy turning on the tap.

"A-are..." She closed her eyes for a moment, trying to find her voice. "Are you okay?" It came out a bit hoarse due to her drowsy state.

The blonde placed the finger that was in his mouth under the running water. "Yeah don't worry," he said with a nod.

Hinata looked around the kitchen with a blank expression as she tried to figure out what was happening. "What h-happened?"

He turned off the pipe and turned to face her. "I uh...I accidentally burned myself," he explained with a crooked smile. The light from the kitchen window seemed to illuminate his golden head of hair, making it glow in the morning light. The cerulean blue eyed boy was dressed casually in a grey T-shirt and knee length shorts. He looked better than he was last night, but Hinata was still worried about him.