Fragile Hearts: Thirty-Seven

"You look so beautiful," Ino squealed as she stared at her best friend.

Sakura blushed as she looked at herself in the mirror. Her day had finally come and she'd never felt happier nor more alive than she did at that moment. Her hands gripped the bottom part of her dress and she spun it slightly, watching as it swayed with a small smile on her face. She felt no less than a princess.

"Thank you Ino," she said accepting the compliment.

"Sasuke is going to fall in love with you all over again when he sees you," Temari said looking at the pinkette.

She blushed crimson and Ino snickered as she watched her. Sakura opened her mouth to reply, but before she could say anything the door opened and an old friend walked in.

"Hinata!" Ino exclaimed upon seeing her.

Hinata smiled at the blonde and turned to face Sakura. "Hi," she said awkwardly not knowing how else to greet the bride.

Sakura frowned and began walking towards her, "hi, is that all I get?" She asked seemingly upset. The Hyūga frowned sadly, but didn't respond. She didn't know how to, she'd left without telling anyone, she wasn't exactly expecting a warm welcome. Her eyes widened however when Sakura pulled her in for a hug. "I missed you...don't ever leave like that again."

Hinata blinked twice before returning the hug, "I'm sorry."

Sakura chuckled, "I'll forgive you if you hurry up and get dressed."

"What?" Hinata asked pulling back.

"You're one of my bridesmaids silly."

The Hyūga's eyes widened, "y-you still want me—"

"Yes, now go," the pinkette responded and urged her towards the other girls who were already ready.

Hinata was dazed by all their smiling faces and Ino's hand taking hers. "Come on, I'll make you even more beautiful than the bride," Ino smirked.

"Watch it Ino Pig," Sakura said glaring at the blonde. The Yamanaka stuck her tongue out at her before pulling Hinata into the next room.

...

"It's not too late to cancel," Sai said standing by the door.

Naruto chuckled and Sasuke merely deadpanned, "I think it is."

"Unless you want Sakura to murder you," Naruto added.

"She wouldn't," Sasuke said staring at the mirror. "Would she?"

Both Sai and Naruto laughed at the Uchiha's dilemma. "It's time," Itachi announced as he entered.

Sasuke took a deep breath, mentally coaching himself. "Alright."

"Good luck," Naruto smiled placing a hand on his shoulder.

The raven haired man nodded and left with his older brother. "So troublesome," Shikamaru muttered while fixing his tie.

"They're about to line up," Gaara said standing by the door.

"Let's just get this over with," Shikamaru groaned being the first one to leave.

"I hear you," Gaara agreed leaving behind him.

Sai sighed and glanced at Naruto who only nodded. "It's show time."