Fragile Hearts: Four

"What do you want?" Kiba spat moving closer to the frozen girl beside him.

"Still as hostile as ever I see," he slurred, his gaze never leaving Hinata. Her lavender eyes darted all around the room, never meeting his again. Toneri scoffed and smirked before lifting his gaze. "Toneri Ōtsutsuki." His hand shot out to shake the blonde's hand causing Hinata to flinch which pleased him.

"Naruto Uzumaki."

"Uzumaki," Toneri repeated retracting his hand. "You know..." Hinata zoned out as they all began to converse, all except Kiba who kept a watchful eye on her. She felt frozen, small, inferior to all of them-especially him.

"There you are," she heard another voice. Turning slightly she saw Sasuke walking over to their small group.

Once he was in reach Naruto smiled and threw an arm over his friend's shoulders. "Sasuke, come join us."

Sasuke didn't respond, he merely glanced at Hinata then Toneri. The tension very much visible. "Sakura."

"Hmm?"

"Mom sent me, she needs your help with something in the kitchen." He said detaching himself from the Uzumaki.

Sakura smiled, "okay." With a wave she excused herself and headed for the kitchen.

"Toneri," Sasuke said looking at him.

"Sasuke," he replied coolly. "How have you been?"

"Good since he's getting married," Naruto smirked.

The Uchiha bit the inside of his cheek before reaching out to take Hinata's hand. "You look like you could use a drink." He said before pulling her towards him.

"Aww come on Sasuke, don't take Hinata too." He heard Naruto whine behind him as he led the Hyūga away.

The pale girl felt her heart beat return to it's normal pace and she was able to breathe again. However she stopped moving when an arm closed around her arm. "Hina-"

"Look Kiba, I know you care about her and all. But right now I think she needs to be alone." Sasuke said glaring at the brown haired man. Everything seemed to fly over Hinata's head however, it was as though she wasn't there. Her body was present physically, but her mind was elsewhere.

The raven haired man led her through the kitchen, where they passed Sakura conversing with Mikoto, until finally they were outside. The cool night air lifted the hem of her dress slightly just as Sasuke turned to proceed into the house. Hinata didn't mind, she descended the first step before sitting on it, her feet resting on the second one.

The pale girl sighed and folder her arms on her lap, dropping her head on her folded arms, her feet pulled together. She didn't know why she was there, why she didn't just leave after meeting Sakura. Everything was going so well in her life...she had a job she enjoyed, few friends, a crazy neighbour and no drama. But in the blink of an eye her world came crashing down around her. It wasn't perfect, but at least it didn't hurt her.

The sound of the glass, sliding door, which separated the kitchen from the backyard, closing made her stiffen in her seated position. She could hear quiet footsteps and soon the sigh Sasuke released once he sat beside her. "Here," he said nudging her should with his hand.

She sat up and stared at the wine glass in his hand. "No thanks."

"It'll help."

"I don't drink," she said weakly.

The Uchiha rolled his eyes and placed it on the wooden floor behind them. "Suit yourself." They were silent again, the only thing audible was the sound of leaves rustling in the wind. Thanks to the soundproof glass door, they weren't disturbed by the noise inside. "What happened?"