Fragile Hearts: Eleven

The sky was dark and the stars had already taken their places in the endless hue. Hinata unbuckled her seat belt as Naruto exited the car and walked around to open her door. Throughout the entire car ride neither spoke, leaving nothing but tension and unsaid words hanging in the atmosphere. As soon as his hand tightened around the handle of the door she took a deep breath and turned to face him as the door opened.

Hands clenching her purse as she stared up at the sharp lines of his facial features. His blue eyes seemed a few shades deeper resembling the ocean at night. Naruto held his arm out to her and she took it without hesitation.

"Thank you," she whispered once she was out and he closed the door. The blonde smiled and nodded before looking down at their joint hands. Hinata noticed too and quickly retracted her hand, however Naruto was relentless. He once again cocked his elbow out to her and waited until she took it. "You are the oddest creature." She said once they started walking.

Naruto chuckled and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "yes and you are repeating yourself."

She blushed crimson from the embarrassment and looked ahead. They were met by a man at the door who held a brief conversation with her counterpart before ushering them to a table. The Hyūga had already inferred that they were at a restaurant, but what surprised her was the dance floor in the middle of the extravagant place. It was pretty rare to find a dance floor in Japanese restaurant, so she was a bit taken aback.

"Thank you," Naruto said dismissing the man once they were seated then turned his attention to his date. "So?"

Hinata nodded in approval while looking around at the other people there seated at different tables. "It's nice."

"Yes!" Naruto whisper yelled with a grin causing her to chuckle. "Well go on, order anything you'd like." She watched as he picked up his menu before doing the same. There was the sound of low music playing the in background and the soft buzz of chatter all around them. She smiled behind the barrier her menu created, enchanted with the atmosphere of the place. Naruto had definitely outdone himself.

"So..." The blonde started after they'd both ordered. "How was your day?"

Hinata looked away from his piercing gaze, "it was...o-okay."

"Come on Hinata, I deserve better than that," he pouted.

She glanced at him before looking away almost instantly, "t-there was nothing unusual about my day."

"Alright."

She bit her bottom lip nervously, contemplating whether or not she should inquire about his day. "H-how was yours?"

Naruto seemed to light up at the question, "it was okay I guess. I couldn't find a file."

The pale girl arched her eyebrows, "a file?"

He nodded and sighed, "I need it for a presentation on Monday, but I can't seem to find it...maybe I really did misplace it like Shikamaru said." Hinata laughed as she watched him across the table from her. Eyebrows furrowed and blue eyes searching the restaurant as though it had the answer hidden somewhere. "What?" He smiled when he heard her laughter.

She shook her head and placed a hand over her mouth, "it's nothing."

"Come on, tell me," he pressed.

She giggled before removing her hand, "i-it's just...your face..."

Naruto furrowed his eyebrows, "my face?"

Hinata rolled her eyes playfully before brushing off the question. "Forget it."

"At least I made you laugh. So that's a point for me."