Fragile Hearts: Twenty

"Why are we open today again?" Hinata asked as she slouched in her seat. Shino shrugged and pushed his glasses further up his nose bridge as he read over a few papers. "Ugh."

"Business has been slow for a while," he said. The pale girl sighed and looked at her watch, it was almost noon and they haven't had a single customer all day. She felt that she'd have been more productive at home watching TV and stuffing her face with junk food.

"Happy thoughts," she chanted softly resting her head against the counter. Though somewhere in her subconscious, under all her thoughts of food and solitude there was the lingering topic of her feelings concerning Naruto. Shion's words never left her mind after their encounter on Thursday and she hadn't mentioned it to anyone. It was Saturday and still she was indecisive about her answer. And to make matters worse she hadn't been able to spend much time with Naruto since their dinner on Sunday with his godfather. Maybe he was just busy...or avoiding her.

Don't be silly. Why would he be avoiding you?

She frowned and thought about it, he'd basically confessed his feelings for her at his house and yet she was unable to give him a clear answer. Maybe he felt hurt? He's impatient...tired of waiting for her to make up her mind? Maybe—

The Hyūga's chain of thought was broken when the door opened the bell above it was heard. She quickly sat up expecting to see a customer, but instead she was met by her friend. "Kiba-kun."

"You don't look too happy to see me," he chuckled leaning against the counter as he always did.

"I thought it was a customer," she admitted.

He frowned and looked around, "slow day?"

"Make that week," Shino interjected looking at him.

The Inuzuka nodded and turned his attention back to the Hyūga. "It's been a while since we last spoke to each other."

"I suppose...you never visit me anymore," she said pouting. It was true, Kiba's presence in her life was fading, but she didn't really notice since there was someone else to fill the void. There was always someone else.

The fanged cheeked man chuckled and ruffled his hair, "sorry, it's been hectic at work."

"Even with Tamaki helping?"

"Yeah." He replied looking away.

Hinata fidgeted as she thought about asking him about Tamaki, she still hadn't spoken to her since Sunday and it was eating her up inside. Did I really do something wrong?

"H-how's Tamaki?"

"She's okay," he shrugged. "Why?"

She shook her head, "no reason." There was no need for her to involve him in her personal matters, she'd simply have to face her herself. Though she failed to understand just what would cause her neighbour to just stop talking to her like that, she was even avoiding her. And honestly, it hurt Hinata because she really considered her as a friend.

"Why don't you just go home?" Kiba asked.

"I can't just leave Shino-kun alone again. I do have a job to do."

"Honestly I don't mind. It's not like we get much customers anyway. I just take it as me time and lounge around." Shino explained.

Hinata furrowed her eyebrows, "me time?"