Fragile Hearts: Twenty-Six

"All set?" Neji asked entering his cousin's room.

The midnight blue haired girl sat on her bed and began pulling her brown pair of flats on. "Yeah."

"When is your boyfriend getting here?" He asked glancing at his wristwatch.

"He's not my boyfriend," Hinata said correcting him immediately. "And I'm not sure."

The brown haired Hyūga sighed and glanced around at her packed suitcases. "It's only for a few days Hinata."

"So?"

"You packed as if you're leaving for months."

She placed a hand on the suitcase on her bed, "everything I've packed is essential."

"Alright," Neji replied holding his hands up to admit defeat. Just then the door bell rang and they both froze. "He's here I'll go-"

"No it's okay, I'll go," she said quickly getting to her feet. Her cousin agreed and she made her way to the front door, on opening it she was greeted with a back view of the Uzumaki which surprised her. She was about to call his name when she heard him chuckle, only then did she choose to look around him at whom he was talking to.

It didn't surprise her much to see Tamaki standing there smiling, but it didn't make her in the least bit happy. If she refused to associate herself with her then why still talk to her boy-

He's just a close friend Hinata! Get it together!

"Naruto-kun," she said interrupting their conversation. The blonde turned and saw that she was standing in the doorjamb and offered her a small smile.

"It was nice meeting you again," he said ending the conversation.

Tamaki nodded and glanced at Hinata. They both made eye contact, but the awkwardness of the situation was stifling. "Same here," she replied with a smile. They both said their goodbyes and the brunette continued on her way out of the complex.

"Sorry about that," Naruto said on entering.

Hinata frowned, "w-what?"

"I know that was very awkward for you," he said scratching the back of his head.

She blushed in response and shook her head, "it's okay." The blonde nodded and looked around, while Hinata's lavender eyes scanned his attire. He was dressed casually in a white, button up shirt with the sleeves turned up and denim jeans.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I've been asking that question since I woke up," Neji interjected as he entered the living room with his luggage. Naruto smiled and he continued, "so I heard you offered to drive us."

"Yeah, but Hinata wasn't sure if-"

"It's okay, as long as you're up for it. It's a...what? Five hour drive."

"Six actually and I'm prepared for it," he smiled broadly.

"I'll go get my stuff," Hinata said walking towards her bedroom.

"I'll help," Naruto said before turning to Neji and throwing the keys his way. "I parked outside, you know which car."

Neji sighed after catching the keys, "yeah."

The blonde lingered by the doorway as he watched Hinata get her stuff together. After a few long moments she decided to confront him, "are you going to stare at me all day or help me?"

The Uzumaki smiled and walked towards her slowly, "I'm content with staring at you all day, but I don't think you'd be."

She furrowed her eyebrows and glanced at him, "you're right."