Epilogue

"Meeting adjourned," Naruto said standing from his seat. He quickly gathered the files in front of him being that he was running late.

"Mr. Uzumaki, do you need any help?" His secretary asked standing beside him.

He flashed her a warm smile which tended to make her blush, "no thanks Ryoko. I have it under control."

"That's what he always says," Sai commented while standing. "I'd suggest you help him before he loses something."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," the blonde muttered while glaring at the pale man.

Sai shrugged and turned to leave, "just doing my job."

Naruto deadpanned and turned to the black haired secretary. "Put these on my desk," he handed her the files.

She nodded, "okay."

"Thank you."

Nodding once again Ryoko left to do as she was told. Naruto sighed and pulled on his jacket, "I'm leaving," he announced on his way out. "Don't need me."

Shikamaru shook his head and watched as the blonde all but ran out of the conference room. It happened at least once a month so they were all used to it.

The Uzumaki watched as the numbers decreased above the elevator doors. He tapped his foot impatiently and pushed both hands into his pants pockets. He was late.

...

Hinata tried desperately to hold the fidgeting child in her arms still. She kept twisting out of her hold causing the mother to sigh in frustration. "Alright fine," she said declaring her defeat. She let go of her replica and watched as the young girl walked along the floor over to the Uchiha seated close by.

"Naruto isn't here yet?" Sakura asked as she returned from the bathroom.

"He's always late," Sasuke commented lifting the waiting girl onto his lap.

Hinata pouted watching her daughter, "I'm jealous."

Sakura laughed, "he has a way with girls."

Sighing the pale girl leaned forward and rested her chin in the palm of her hand. Her lavender eyes quickly located a small blonde haired boy on the field looked around with hopeful blue eyes. She wished she could go and comfort him, but she knew she couldn't. In that moment he didn't need her.

"There's Sarada," Sasuke said looking at the only girl on the baseball field.

"Whoa, go honey!" Sakura exclaimed standing. Sarada glanced at her mother and blushed from the embarrassment before turning away. Hinata smiled but noticed that her son's eyes seemed even more morose and envious as he watched them. Her heart broke for him because she could understand.

He walked off the field to let his teammate play with his head hung. The midnight blue haired woman adjusted her straw hat and took a deep breath. She turned to look at her daughter seated comfortably on Sasuke's lap watching the game and suddenly she felt alone.

Sakura cheered for her daughter and Sasuke smiled occasionally. Sarada managed to put their team in the lead despite the fact that they didn't want her on the team because she was a girl. She was determined to earn her stay.

Hinata felt her entire body stiffen when she heard a small voice yell, "Daddy!" Her eyes widened and she turned to her left only to see Naruto awkwardly making his way over.