Ch-2 The King has Arrived

Arthur was sitting in the throne room as a young alpha walked in. He looked up to see the blonde male.

"State your name and business." Arthur says in a bored tone.

"Alfred Jones and I am the rightful King of Spades." Alfred says in a loud voice. Arthur just raised an eyebrow and called for Yao. The omega quickly appeared and gave the Queen a questioning look.

"He claims to be King. Only you are able to figure out the tattoos." Arthur replies. Yao nods and turns to Alfred.

"Where is your tattoo situated?" Yao asks.

"It's on my left shoulder." Alfred turns and pulls the sleeve of his once white shirt up. Yao wanders over and looks at it before going wide-eyed.

"Well I don't know who I expected to be King but it definitely wasn't you." Yao says.

"Yeah I thought you guys would say that." Alfred chuckles nervously. He stands straight as Arthur stands and walks over to him. The Royal Spadian looks over Alfred with the Jack. Alfred gulps feeling like a piece of meat.

"Well he has the looks to capture the people." Arthur remarks.

"And if we just teach him a few things he should be good to go for the coronation." Yao says.

"Well I'll send a maid to show you to your chambers." Arthur says.

"Where are you going?" Alfred asks.

"To discuss the topic of you with Yao." Arthur turns and leaves. An older female beta walks over to Alfred.

"Allow me to show you to your room." She says.

"So, I'm staying here now? Can I return to my family soon?" Alfred asks nervously.

"Don't worry you can go home next week seeing as Queen Arthur and Jack Yao will be attending the King and Queen of Clubs coronation." The lady responds.

"Oh alright that's good, I don't want to leave my mom or brother hanging." Alfred sighs in relief.

"What about your father?" She asks.

"I don't really get along with my father, not since he tried to sell off my brother." Alfred gets a large frown on his face.

"He tried to sell off your brother?" She asks in shock.

"Yeah, we were short on money and my younger brother is an omega. We're only one year apart by age. A Lord from somewhere around here took notice in my brother when the two of us were in town selling crops. The man was going to pay a really high bride price for Mattie, luckily – with the help of my mom – I was able to stop my father from marrying my brother off. It was a lot of work and cost me my father's love and guidance. It didn't bother me much though seeing as ever since Mattie came into the world it was always just the two of us and kind of our mom. What can I call you?" Alfred looks at the old lady.

"You can call me Mona. Also why was it always just the two of you?" She asks.

"Wow that's weird, my mom's name is Mona. Well it was always the two of us since mom was always super busy cleaning the Lord's house and dad was always in the fields or in town. So Mattie and I have always stuck together. Until now that is. Since Mattie moved to Diamonds to work in the Castle of Diamonds, I wonder if I'll ever get to see him again." Alfred taps his chin in thought.

"Well Alfred if you need anyone to talk to, I'll always be here. He is your room, that is Queen Arthur's room right there." Mona smiles before leaving. Alfred looks over at the blue curtain and walks over to push it aside. He looks into the room from the doorway before pulling the curtain closed and checking out his own room. There was a giant bed with blue covers with Spades embroidered around the edges. Alfred carefully sits in the bed and is amazed at how soft everything felt. The closest thing to this softness was his brother's hair. Alfred notices the pen and parchment on the little table in the room and grins. He races over and dips the feather pen into the ink container. He writes a letter to Mattie and goes to sign it off when a gloved hand is slammed on the parchment. Arthur picks up the letter and rips it to shreds.

"You are not allowed to write letters to anyone, at least not yet." Arthur says sternly.

"Why not? Look I just want to write to my brother. He'll want to know that I am in good health seeing as the last letter sent to him was saying that I was to be visiting the castle." Alfred says.

"Who cares about your brother? You just can't write letters to anyone until after the coronation." Arthur says.

"I care about my brother." Alfred stands tall slamming the small chair backwards and also causing it to fall over. Arthur stares in shock before moving backwards as Alfred walks forwards. Arthur is forced to stop when his back hits the wall, he also finds his knees bending as he shrinks back in fear. Alfred had seemed such a nice and happy alpha yet he here was looking like he was going to snap Arthur in half.

"O-ok." Arthur gets out. Alfred closes his eyes and slams his fist on the wall next to Arthur's head.

"Sorry, I get a bit like this when people set me off." Alfred steps back. He walks into the bathroom as Arthur continues to stand there. He couldn't believe that the young happy alpha that looked like he'd just become his own person had turned into a ferocious monster that didn't care that Arthur was a Queen and an omega.

"I'll just be in my room." Arthur says and walks into his own chambers. He shakes his head and sighs. This boy was going to be harder to tame then Yao and he had first thought. He runs his gloved hand threw his hair before going to sit on his couch to read. After some time he heard the curtain open. He looked over his shoulder to see Alfred.

"Sorry about before." Alfred says looking down. Arthur moves his feet from the couch and places his book on the table next to him. He pats the spot next to him and Alfred walks over and sits down.

"Tell me about your brother." Arthur requests. Alfred's blue eyes get a little brighter as he lifts his head and gets a smile on his face.

"His names Matthew and he looks a lot like me. He has eyes more on the purple side and his hair's a little paler. His hair is a little longer and is wavy, it's also really soft. He's the opposite of me personality wise. He's quiet and soft spoken and lets everyone control him, that's why he always needed me. I've always been his voice; if he didn't like something and no one would listen to him I would always be there to make people listen. He's a year younger than me, so 18. He was born on July 1st and I was born on July 4th. We used to be inseparable but he moved to Diamonds to work in the Castle of Diamonds. I was going to move with him but my mom pulled me up one day and pointed out the tattoo on me, so I went here instead. I was kind of hoping that it wasn't real so I could be with my brother but I guess that's out of the question now." Alfred sighs.

"I know how it feels to want to be with a brother, but that is a story for another day. I can try and request for him to be moved here if you want?" Arthur says.

"Really?" Alfred asks.

"Yes really, what's his name?" Arthur asks.

"Matthew Williams." Alfred grins. His grin drops when he notices the confused look on Arthur's face. "When we were younger, my father tried marrying Mattie off to a Lord from this part of Spades. The two of us didn't want that so we continually ran away and caused trouble everywhere we went until they cancelled the wedding. However it came at a price, my brother was dropped from the family so he had to create his own last name and I was to forever live under my father's control, so I probably would never marry. I was only just able to make it here without my father finding a way to bring me back." Alfred sighs.

"Well that's quite a drama filled life." Arthur says.

"And it's the life many farmers live." Alfred chuckles emptily before leaving the Queen alone in his room.