Ch-11 War Has Come

Lovino sat in the middle of the hallway rocking Maria back and forth still in a state of shock. Three guards stood over him as they demanded him they tell him who he was. Lovino couldn't string together a sentence as he uttered random words and mumbled different things.

It had happened so fast. He was relaxing on the couch as Maria was wrapped in a blanket next to him. Antonio had been outside doing something when he barged in calling out to Lovino.

"Grab Maria and hide!" Antonio had said. Lovino had just frowned at first and left Maria alone on the couch as he walked over to the alpha. Within seconds he heard Maria start crying and screaming. The pair turned their attention to Maria who was now held in the arms of a Clubber soldier. Fortunately, Gilbert had appeared and grabbed Maria back before slicing the soldier's throat. Gilbert handed Maria over and both alpha's quickly ushered the omega and child into a room. Maria didn't stop crying even as Lovino tried to quieten her in the dark room. He froze as he heard the screams and yells of soldiers.

Peter appeared in the room that Alfred, Arthur and Yao were in. The three were in the middle of a meeting. The small boy appeared in the middle of the table.

"Peter! What are you doing?" Arthur asks. Peter spins around and looks at him.

"Clubs has invaded Hearts and Lovino is in the castle with Maria! We have to hurry to them, follow me." Peter jumps off the table as he hurries out the door. Arthur was after him in a second with Yao and Alfred hot on his heels.

The Spadian guards reach out to the omega and baby. They had decided to separate the crazy omega from the crying child. Just before one of the guards could touch the baby a delicate hand gripped hard onto the male beta's wrist.

"Leave them!" Arthur yells. The Queen let the guard go and dropped to his knees as he cautiously reached out.

"My Queen I know you are weak to a child's cry but please do not touch the crazy omega." The guard says. He goes to continue but is silenced when Alfred gives him a stern look. Alfred also cautiously steps forward and rests a comforting hand on the omega's shoulder.

"Lovino, look at me." Arthur says. A large amount of the servants and guards in this wing of the castle were surrounding the small group of 4. Lovino slowly raises his gaze up to Arthur before moving forward and offering Maria to Arthur. Arthur quickly took the child and tried to calm the baby. Lovino flung himself onto Alfred as he started crying. He needed the comfort an alpha could give him and in the room he was in Alfred was the only Alfred he trusted. Alfred rocked him back and forth in a calming manner as Lovino started to calm down a little.

"I nearly l-lost her." Lovino fought back sobs as he looked over at Maria; the child was silent as she watched Arthur with inquisitive eyes. Alfred petted Lovino's head soothingly.

"Lovino!" Gilbert appeared in black smoke. The people surrounding the group gasped. They had never seen a Joker before. Alfred released Lovino quickly. The omega dived straight for Gilbert.

"Is Feliciano alright? What about Antonio?" Lovino asks quickly. Gilbert pressed a kiss to Lovino's head.

"Your brother and mate are perfectly fine. I helped Antonio escape to the forest and Feliciano is in the castle. Do not worry though, Elizabeta will make sure no harm comes to him." Gilbert walked forward and Arthur gave Maria back to the alpha. Lovino walked forward and pushed himself into Gilbert's arms as well. The Joker chuckled as the omega looked over their child with a smile. Alfred admired the family and found his eyes making their way over to Arthur. He looked at the omega's stomach and wondered what the future could hold for them. Arthur looked over at Alfred and smiled at him. He crawled over and sat behind him as he rested his hands on the alpha's shoulders and put his chin on Alfred's left shoulder.

"We should give them a room." Arthur mumbles. Alfred nods.

"Mona, show Lovino to a room." Alfred says before quickly standing; bringing Arthur up with him. "Yao, Gilbert and Arthur come with me." Alfred turns and walks off. It was time for him to step up and become the King the Kingdom needed. Alfred could hear the footsteps of the three people behind him. They entered a room and took a seat in the room.

"Francis, Lilli and Basch should be coming here soon. Matthew will also come with them. If Matthew was caught he could be tortured due to him being your brother, Alfred." Gilbert also knew that Francis was taking Matthew because the omega was pregnant. Matthew may have come from a poor farming family but he really knew how to make a name for himself. From being the King of Spades younger brother to being the King of Diamonds first mate and also carrying the King of Diamonds first child.

"Good. We will have to form an alliance with Francis seeing as we will need his help. We will have to ration supplies and start training more soldiers." Alfred says.

"Are you going to save your brother or any of the Royals from Hearts?" Yao asks and Gilbert shakes his head.

"I will visit them as frequently as I can to see what information they have. Peter will also be talking secretly with a little girl called Crystal. We will use these people to gain inside information on everything." Gilbert says.

"Is my cousin alright?" Arthur asks. Gilbert nods.

"He won't be for long." Gilbert says.

"What do you mean?" Arthur frowns.

"Well, Feliciano is now pregnant. Obviously with Alistair's child, but I think you can get what I'm hinting at." Gilbert chuckles.

"Feliciano has shared his heat before?" Yao asks in shock. Gilbert nods.

"On more than one occasion with my brother." Gilbert says causing the trio to gasp. They had not expected that at all.