Ch-7 Creating Life, Destroying Life

Alfred walked down the halls of the castle. Arthur's heat had passed and Alfred was quite happy about the outcome. He had a feeling that Arthur however was not. The omega had locked himself away and only allowed a select few betas tend to him. Arthur's heat had stopped early, which signified that he had become pregnant. Alfred had not seen Arthur for two days since the abrupt stop of heat pheromones. 

"King Alfred!" Alfred was pulled from his thoughts when he spotted Leon running towards him.

"Leon! You have returned from your big adventure." Alfred smiles and he shares a hug with the small boy. Yao had said that Leon had taken a liking to Alfred and that he was most likely the main alpha figure in the child's life now.

"I have bought you your horses. They are in the paddock playing." Leon smiles and Alfred nods. The pair walk outside and Leon leads him along a dirt path before they stopped at a fence. "This is the best paddock on the grounds." Leon gestures to the large expanse of land. The river flowed quietly through the middle of the paddock. There were a few large trees that provided shade for the horses and the grass was soft to the touch and was a bright green as well. Bluebell had actually laid down under the largest tree as Soran and Rookie played in the stream.

"Where is Sakia?" Alfred asks. Soon the black mare burst through some bushes and ran straight at the older Clydesdales; who quickly fled trying to run away from Sakia in some sort of game. The sudden appearance of Sakia again had caused Bluebell to fly to her feet on instinct before she slowly got back to the ground.

"The old mare is very tired." Leon comments and Alfred nods hauling himself over the fence. He gestures for Leon to follow him. The boy slides between two of the wooden planks instead of just going over. He follows Alfred over to Bluebell where the two sit down with the mare.

"Leon meet Bluebell, Bluebell meet Leon." Alfred smiles and Leon leans over to pat the mare gently. "That's Rookie and Soran, they're twins born from Bluebell herself." Alfred says. Leon nods looking over at the three young horses that had stopped to have a drink.

"We are looking for new working horses. Rookie and Soran will be a great help." Leon smiles and Alfred nods.

"Just remember to not overwork the two of them. Bluebell is to not work. She is to stay in this paddock and only be used for joy rides by either myself, the Queen, my brother Matthew or you." Alfred states. Leon looks at the King in shock. He had not expected Alfred to say that. He goes to say something but another voice cuts him off.

"Leon, would you mind if Alfred and I talked in private?" Arthur asks. The two alphas look at the omega in shock. Alfred had not expected to see Arthur again in a paddock. Leon quickly stands and hurries off as Arthur sits down.

"Yao ran a magic test on me straight after the heat stopped and I was definitely pregnant, however the next day he ran it again because I felt like something was wrong. It turned out that I'd lost the egg. I don't know whether I should be happy or sad but either way I feel empty." Arthur says playing with the grass. Alfred gives Arthur a soft smile before reaching over and pulling him into his lap.

"Don't worry about it, you should just accept it and move on. There will always be a next time for a number of years and seeing as you got pregnant so easily I believe it won't be hard." Alfred smiles.

"But I lost the child too Alfred and that is a sign." Arthur says. Alfred laughs and shakes his head.

"I thought all omegas knew this but apparently not. My mother and some of her older omega friends and so on always said that it is very, very rare for an omega to fall pregnant on their first shared heat. If they do they will always lose the child. If they do take well and get pregnant in their first heat it is a sure sign of a very fertile omega. So in three months you will probably be pregnant again but this time you would carry through with the pregnancy because your body will be able to handle it." Alfred says and Arthur stares up at the alpha with a slight look of awe in his eyes.

"You really do know lots about omegas." Arthur says and Alfred nods.

"I'm one of the few alphas born in my family in the past 50 years. Practically all alphas in my family have mated into the family. So ever since I was born all my relatives burned into my brain all these things because they said I would need them and guess what? They were right!" Alfred laughs and Arthur lets a small smile appear on his face. He had thought about continuing his escapades with Francis when he was still getting used to the boy but he had made up his mind to stay loyal to the alpha, even if said alpha did not stay loyal to him.

"Well lunch is ready so I suppose we should go and eat." Arthur says and Alfred nods.

"Yeah, I really don't need Yao lecturing me like the last time I missed a meal." Alfred mutters and Arthur bursts out laughing. Alfred helps Arthur over the fence before the two walk hand-in-hand to the outdoor dining setting. Yao was sitting there tapping his fingers on the table, but he quickly snapped to attention when he saw the two Royals.

"You're just on time." Yao says and Arthur and Alfred nod. They take their seat; Alfred at the head of the table with Arthur on his right and Yao on his left. Leon had joined them for lunch as well and sat next to Yao.