Ch-13 Death

Francis returned to Diamonds with Basch. Spades sent troops to the border between Diamonds and Hearts. For a month it was just a standoff. Troops would stand on either side of the river that separated the two Kingdoms. It was very peaceful for the whole first month, until Diamonds sent in a new group of troops containing a young 16 year old. The childish alpha got into an argument with a Clubber soldier. He ended up throwing a rock at the beta and hit him in the head with it. The beta soldier had fallen down unconscious due to the rock hitting him in the forehead at a very powerful force. The beta's older brother pulled an arrow from his quiver and shot it straight through the 16 year olds heart. The soldiers on either side had raced to meet each other in the middle of the shallow river as they slaughtered each other. There was no winner. The different Kingdoms' soldiers had left in agreement that they would not shoot each other in the back as they left. They went home; back to their family and friends. Many soldiers however did not go home. Omegas and betas where left heartbroken and feeling partially dead when they heard about the death of their mates. Children were left distraught knowing that one of their parents – even both their parents – was never coming home. Once cheery little towns were now dead quiet. Newly dug graves littered graveyards.

Alfred sat in his throne as he ran through new strategies. Arthur hadn't been feeling well after knowing how many of his people died due to a childish act. A maid burst through the doors racing towards the King.

"King Alfred come quick!" The maid cries before turning around and running off. Alfred stood instantly. He hurried after the maid; just barely keeping her in his sights. Alfred noticed his bedroom up ahead and saw the maid hurry into the room. The King followed suit and closed the door behind him. He felt his heart break as he heard familiar sobs. The maid stood in front of a closed curtain; the curtain that separated Alfred's room from Arthur's.

"I'll leave you two alone." She says and disappears out a servant door. Alfred quietly pushes the curtain across and enters Arthur's room. Arthur sat on the floor in the middle of the room with his arms wrapped around his mid section. Maids were fretting around him but they all quickly left when Alfred entered.

"Arthur what's wrong?" Alfred asks as he starts walking towards Arthur. The omega did the opposite of what Alfred had expected; he started moving away from Alfred. Alfred stopped and frowned. Why was Arthur acting like this? Alfred started walking forward again. Arthur had to stop moving once Alfred had cornered him. Arthur just curled in on himself.

"Arthur please tell me what's wrong." Alfred crouches down. Arthur cries some more and shakes his head.

"You'd hate me." Arthur says quietly. Luckily Alfred still heard.

"I couldn't hate you even if I tried." Alfred says and caresses Arthur's cheek.

"Are you sure?" Arthur asks. Alfred nods.

"I couldn't be more so." Alfred says. Arthur looked up and into Alfred's eyes. Fear swirled in the omega's green eyes.

"I lost the child." Arthur says. He starts crying again and prepared himself. He was ready for a slap or an angry comment. He was ready to be yelled at and abused. He flinched when Alfred touched him but stopped his crying when he realized that Alfred was crying. The alpha held Arthur close to him.

"I'm so sorry I made you scared of telling me about the miscarriage. I told you it was fine if you had a miscarriage because it's only natural. You just went through all the pain of knowing that lots of your soldiers died. I'm sorry I didn't help you pull through this." Alfred held Arthur close as he sobbed. Arthur started crying as well. The pair ended up crying themselves to sleep on the floor in each other's arms.