Ch-6 A New King, For Better or For Worse

Alfred honestly couldn't believe he'd been crowned a King. Soon the news of him being the new King of Spades would reach his parents and hopefully they wouldn't freak out on him for not telling them. His thoughts led him back to the three Clydesdales on the farm and he wondered if he could bring them here; they were practically his children, although Bluebell was more like a best friend. He noticed Yao standing with Leon; Leon seemed to watch everything around him in a bored way, much like his father. Alfred walked over to the pair.

"Hey, Yao." Alfred says.

"Hello Alfred, what do you want?" Yao questioned. By this point Yao had figured out that whenever Alfred began with 'hey' he was going to ask something. Leon's gaze fell on Alfred and the boy's eyes seemed to light up at the sight of him.

"Well you see, back home I have these three Clydesdales and-" Alfred was cut off by Yao.

"No." Yao says and Alfred sighs.

"Please Yao! I love the three horses, plus I practically raised them. My father isn't going to give them the life they deserve and he will probably work Bluebell till she drops dead in the harness. He already nearly lamed Soran and Rookie hurt his knee after being pushed too far when he was too young." Alfred whines and Yao sighs. Leon speaks up interrupting whatever Yao was going to say.

"I can go and collect them for you. I'll even look after them for you, please Dad we cannot just let those poor horses suffer like that." Leon says quickly. Yao glances between the two boys before sighing and shaking his head.

"Alright, go and get those three horses." Yao huffs. Alfred and Leon walk out of the castle and over to the stables. They moved quickly after noticing a few couples that had come out of castle to get some 'fresh air' as they put it.

"Now Leon; what are the most bad tempered draft horses here?" Alfred asks and Leon takes him over to where three stallions stood in a pasture by themselves.

"That is them." Leon says. Alfred nods and smiles.

"Trade them in for Rookie, Soran and Bluebell." Alfred says. Leon nods quickly picking up on what Alfred was thinking.

"Where do you live?" Leon asks and Alfred smiles.

"Follow the river that passes through the castle grounds downstream. Once you reach a lake go to the nearest settlement; once there ask for the Jones' everyone there knows where we live and they'll take you to the house." Alfred says and Leon nods in a determined way. Leon passes a few stables obviously seeing what horse he would take. Alfred puts a hand on the boy's shoulder and leads him over to Sakia's stall.

"Oh no sir I couldn't." Leon says shaking his head and Alfred chuckles.

"Don't worry; I want you to take her. She knows the Clydesdales and the terrain; she may even end up helping you if you get lost." Alfred says and Leon nods before grabbing a lead rope and walking into the stall. He leads Sakia out of the stall and ties her up as he saddles her up. Sakia was quite a tall horse so she towered over the 14 year old alpha.

"Here let me help you." Alfred forms a cup with his hands and lifts Leon up allowing him to swing his leg over and mount her.

"Thank you sir." Leon says and Alfred nods.

"No problem kid. Now Sakia you take care of Leon and Leon please bring her back in one piece. If you get into any trouble ask for any of us Royals: I won't let you be jailed for going to retrieve my horses." Alfred says and Leon nods before Alfred stepped back and Leon rode off. Alfred walked back into the castle to join the partying once more. He ends up talking with Yao about some of the past rulers.

"Wait, so it's common for different Kingdoms rulers to sleep together?" Alfred asks and Yao nods.

"Arthur and King Francis slept together for quite a number of years." Yao responds and Alfred cannot stop the feeling of his blood boiling.

"What? Why wasn't I informed of this?" Alfred seethes. Yao turns to look at the boy with an amused expression.

"Practically everyone knows so we assumed you would too." Yao says. Alfred huffs and crosses his arms.

"Did anything happen?" Alfred asks and it took Yao a second to realize what he meant.

"Do not worry; Arthur isn't as stupid as to let Francis join his heat so of course there have been no children." Yao looks over at Alfred with a sinister look, "Don't worry dear King you aren't getting any second-hand omega." Alfred blinks in shock at the tone that the Jack used.

"Alright, I was just worried that Arthur might want to be with Francis more than me and I didn't want to ruin that." Alfred says and Yao shrugs.

"Keep telling yourself that. I mean us omegas are just like mangoes ripe for the picking to you alphas." And with that Yao walked off leaving Alfred in shock, but also with a little extra knowledge. So Arthur and Francis had been sleeping together for a while and there had been no strings attached. Yao also has stereotyped alphas into only seeing omegas as ripe fruit great for picking. Arthur walked over and tapped on Alfred's shoulder. When Alfred turns he notices King Francis standing behind Arthur.

"Everything alright Alfred?" Arthur asks and Alfred nods.

"Yeah everything's perfectly fine." Although Alfred does quickly through off Francis' hand when it finds a resting spot on Arthur's shoulder. Alfred's blue eyes sharpen slightly as he quickly thinks about what comes after the coronation and how Arthur will be his omega. The alpha mentally slaps himself after realizing he sounded like the bad stereotyped alphas that Yao had been complaining about.

A?N: I apologise for not updating yesterday. I had some trouble with a Business assignment seeing as my partner decided to leave town for a week and leave me to do all the work.