A Beginning Prologue

I am flying, or rather, soaring, through space.

You'd think that sound fun, right? Spinning through air, light as nothing, watching those billions and billions of stars twinkle, and those billions and billions of clouds expand or shrink. Practically speaking with utter beauty.

Except that's not how any of this went.

In reality, I was just a figment of a smaller figment soaring through space with a bubble over her head, getting sick (as she was spinning so quickly), and losing track of everything altogether.

This little figment (also known as me, hello) tried to reach for something to hold onto, just closing her eyes and hoping that it would all slow down or even stop.

But that doesn't happen when you have no mass and are basically the tiniest atom in a parallel universe. Something that sounds smart and wise like that.

(I know; this might not make sense. Although I am bigger than an atom, compared to the size of a red giant, or a gas planet, you'd feel pretty small. Just like a mouse to an elephant. Or perhaps a bird to a hippo. Make more sense?)

Eventually, this little girl who was once as happy as could be would slow down, and would be free to gaze upon the colorful bubble all around her. Pinpricks of light, a cage of dust and gas, the orbits of anything stuck. Truly magnificent, she would have to say.

But, that would only last for a short while. Could have been days, could have been years, she wouldn't know, because she doesn't wear any watches. Always too loose, and always itching her arms. So, the floating girl could only guess, based on her instincts. Which were gone.

Little girl had no idea what to do anymore; stuck in a bowl of oxygen that seemed to last forever, she started thinking of the things she used to do. Or perhaps, she acted with herself. Thought of her life a little better, started realizing how stupid she was when this and this happened, and should've done this and this, therefore she started hating herself-

Hah, no.

She began thinking the stars were her only friends now. Far away from home, no way to swim back like horrible actors do, not even a glimpse of a survivor shuttle or even a friendly planet to sit on.

This girl once had thought that everything ended with a happy conclusion. However, she soon lost sight of this belief, telling herself that it was a lie. If everything supposedly had a happy ending, why would she get a bad one? She didn't have an answer. So, she stopped believing.

Telling the many stars stories of her life, the little girl started getting hope again. So, she told more stories. About a friend's experience somewhere, or something dramatic that happened (because girls do that). She received more and more hope from herself, just by telling stories - to herself.

But, help never came. And her hope never gave.

Ahem. I know, we just kicked into this. How about I start from the beginning.

Cue the cliché 'once upon a time' scene. Or how about we roll into it?

Nah, let's roll.

Cut and action!