Chapter FIVE

No matter what situation I was in, usually questioning everything was my specialty. Therefore, I was questionable as to why I just... accepted everything that was thrown at me; all things considered, it seems unrealistic, and it doesn't make sense if you look really far into it, so why? Why am I so silent with this stuff?

Have I... changed? Am I losing my personality?

Frankly, thinking about this stuff is pretty tiring and quite boring, at least for me. But, unfortunately for me, when my brain shuts off for a while, I was at a loss.

Everything felt sore all over – actually, no, it doesn't, because every single story goes like this at least one time, and I want this to be different. Unique in my own way, you know? Going against the crowd is a good thing!

Meanwhile my mind was on energetic mode, it almost felt as if the tile floor, at least what I was assuming to be a tile floor, shifted its weight, like another person was there. I felt as if I had gone deaf, listening to silence, but I was also able to hear everything. In my unconsciousness, I think someone was dragging my body somewhere other than the place that I landed in. I still have no idea where that place is, by the way. Don't ask.

On the contrary, when I woke up, I am absolutely positive that I had my back down onto a cold table. The room.... it felt gray. Not that it didn't look gray; it certainly did, but it almost felt like a sad atmosphere was closing in, ready to suffocate me.

So what did I do?

You know that I booked it.

Bursting open the doors with a groan of pain (because my body wasn't totally numb or anything) the first thing that memorized itself into my foggy brain was the lighting.

Oh, excuse me? Did I say lighting? Yeah, well, where did it go?! Because I certainly haven't seen any in that hallway!

Dark. It was so dark! You don't even know!

Moreover, this certainly didn't seem like the same floor that I was on previously. With douchebag Aragdonn, that douche! He fricking ditched me! And it's not even as if the room was too small for us both; I bet you he could've easily fit us both in.

I need to catch my breath, think about it for a few minutes. Or a few seconds, because I am impatient.

Should I really be trusting this dude after what he's done?

Crap. I don't know...

Looking around, trying to use the room as a guideway for the rest of the hallway, I wanted a light-switch. Just one, maybe for another dorm or at a portion of the hallway. Give me some luck....

For a few single seconds, I think, no, I was pretty sure that the ship tilted. It wasn't like extremely noticeable, but like, it felt like you were at the top of a slide in a playground and were about to twirl downwards. The top part that isn't so curvy – you know what the heck I mean!

However, this shift didn't just come and go out of my ears; yet, questioning its purpose was pretty useless. In the end, pressing my back up against the wall was the best idea I have ever had.

I literally just shimmied my way from the wall, and sure, once my eyes adjusted, I probably could have just tiptoed my way through the dark fog, but ya know what? Imma take it the safe route!

(Yes, I occasionally bumped into the doorway corners, and may or may not have almost bruised my forehead, but I was determined to find something. I'm not sure what, just... something!)