Chapter TEN

Days had passed since the explosion. Thankfully, the bars and food that was stuck in a container inside the pod could have lasted me for at least three weeks, if I would have rationed it right. But I never had to be there for more than three weeks, let alone two.

Oh! I never mentioned what the inside of the escape vehicle truly looked like!

Well, in the middle was the chair that I sat in, with the belt and everything, and in front of it that big window of space with the mirror and everything. Off to the side was what looked like a container that, like... Ah, I know how to describe it! It looked like the glass container which Snow White rested in! Except you could pull the lid up (but I guess the prince could do that too).

Besides that, however, the vehicle exploration was... lonely, to say the least. I mean, there was nothing to do besides look out the window, eat a few bites, and just think. And, might I mention, the thoughts that ran through my head were the worst. Because there was no explanation, no reasoning, no stopping it. So your mind just went and went and kept on going without stopping, long strands of data getting lost like scissors cutting off bubbled words on a piece of paper.

Why did all of this happen? Where did my friends go? Is Matt and O'keal okay? Where am I? When is it going to stop?

These weren't just the worst; I began to question my existence, wondering if I would ever see any human ever again, or if I would die alone. I was getting depressed, in the long run, even though I told myself, "It'll be okay in the end, you can make it through this," but soon after the words lost their meanings.

And I knew I had to shut it off, pull the thought away, distract myself, so I stared out that giant window as memories flooded in, tearing down a mental wall. It only made it worse.

You might be wondering why I'm making this so emotional, why it has to be so grief-stricken, just get back to the action, you say. And I could, except you don't comprehend: I was in an escape pod ejected miles out into space alone, no one by my side, after I just watched an entire space station explode. All of my friends were gone – I had been betrayed, lied to, deceived, like a voodoo doll I suppose, even though I had been strong and brave.

That's why that week, plus a few days, were like hell. It was just a repeating cycle.

But finally, after hours on hours, I saw a ray of hope. A light of justice in the dark, a candle in a cave that will help lead the way!

Although, it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

I spotted another space station, except it seemed much smaller from the outside (although, I had learned not to judge a building from its exterior). Far off was another planet, a little blueish, orange parts splotched over in random places, whites suggesting clouds.

Must I say, this confused the heck out of me. Why is there a space station heading away from a planet? Or is it just making a slingshot maneuver?

I had about as much information as I had in the beginning of it all, which was, I don't know, about zero percent, maybe a little more. Or, I'm lying, and I actually know a lot more than I think of.

However, as logic began to sprout in my head like seeds in the soil, I realized that my escape pod was heading straight towards the station, as if it had a gravitational pull of its own. Which, frankly, scared me only slightly, because what if, what if, I crash into there and explode? It felt as though that has happened before in history or something, even though it hasn't been.