Chapter EIGHT

Why does everything have to be so goddamn difficult?!

As soon as we climbed into the open doorway next to our ladder, another dark hallway introduced itself, as if to taunt us. (Just imagine a big wooden sign with the words 'HALLWAY' across, sticking its wavy arms out and shouting, "You are sooooo not smart! I'm better than you!")

Nevertheless, we had a job to do. However, at this point, I'm pretty sure that soon, my purpose to do this stuff will be lost.

"Uh, we should find an intersection soon," Sila suggested, flipping on her light switch. "If I'm right, then there should be a generator somewhere that just might turn on these lights."

I was about to complain why there is a generator just hiding somewhere, but I'm pretty sure that no one would be able to find an answer to that. I mean, this is the future, or the present, but an awesome time period, overall. Not to brag, of course.

In the meantime, apart from my crazy thoughts, we were traversing throughout the corridors, searching for a map, or a source of light, anything to aid us in our time of need.

In addition to our situation, we happened to run into someone familiar to my eyes. This certain someone was in a room with a small desk lamp turned on, shipping boxes filled with important documents and stuff toppled over and open, and this person just happened to be reading these papers.

Of course, we just happened to be passing by the room when the person had started pushing the boxes out of the way, so Sila just happened to notice and nudged my shoulder, causing my faltering attention to direct over.

Said person was a girl who had the curiosity of a cat, willing to learn every inch of information possible, while also being as polite as possible. Her name? Mitsuko. And if I remember correctly, she was with me and Matt at the very beginning of this all, in the forest with everyone I had loved. Maybe she had gotten thrown off into this ship as well?

She wasn't exactly a normal person; in fact, she was absolutely unique. Basically, her young great-grandma had been taken in by bandits or whatever, and had been a part of an experiment which combined human and animal DNA together. She just happened to be paired with a rabbit.

So when she had given birth to Mitsuko's grandparents, the rabbit DNA was committed to being a part of this, so it provided rabbit ears and rabbit fur, or skin. It's kind of sad, but of course, everyone goes through something terrible sooner or later.

Why did I have to tell you this? Because you would have questioned why I would have told you that Mitsuko had light ice-blue skin, and peachy bunny ears, and overly fluffy hair. It's like fantasy, is it not?

Anyways, my good ole' friend Mitsuko was a scientist. She was determined to know everything that came out of the world, wanted to explore, adventure, and create. Determination basically ran through her bones! I had always admired her, and I still do.

But back to our matter, once Sila had shone her flashlight in, Mitsuko immediately looked up, startled. Backing up, she began to raise her fists, but as she noticed my face (and probably my messy outline), she seemed to calm down.

"Faith," her melodic voice muttered, as if new to her tongue. "I'm delighted to see a friendly face here. After all, allies should stick together, or am I wrong?"

I stepped forwards, and kneeled down to the crouching woman; she was quivering slightly, although her face held confidence. Crap, she might be injured.