Speechless (Noivern TF)

by BurstCoffee, Mar 14, 2015, 10:55:19 AMLiterature / Fan Fiction / General Fiction

"Alright... This new place should do for now. Still Europe, but that's far enough from where we were..." Ridley observed the computer's screen after plugging it in, even though it was already on thanks to an emergency power supply located inside.

Our location is irrelevant as long as we are far away, considering your abilities. Gear said with no interest.

"I don't care about your opinion. Just do your job. And don't even think about choosing species anymore." The traveller showed little emotion and wanted to make things as clear as possible, not planning on forgetting what happened before.

Very well... Doctor, who will be your next target, then?

"I went on the internet for a while and found someone very interesting. She's a young artist... And she won't be against the change, I'm sure of it." The human prepared his bag while talking. "Prepare a vial for species 715."

The machine didn't sound very convinced, but filled the container with the substance anyway. What makes her interesting besides her skills?

"Wait for the report. I need to chat with her first, then I'll be filming the thing while you rot here." The man swiftly took the vial, and went away.

...Despicable. And he really thinks putting small fonts in reports will make text unnoticed...

Stuttgart, Germany.

"Uploading image... Complete."

Alexia watched her computer screen, nodding in approval as the progress bar displayed 100%. Her newest work was now on the massive load of information and entertainment known as the internet. At twenty-two years old, she was quite proud of her progress so far, having reached a total of 2411 published entries on the website she owned. Since the weather wasn't too warm, she stood up and went to the kitchen, turned on the water boiler and proceeded to the bathroom. It was morning, she was ahead of the work she had to do, and she was in a good mood, her good-looking appearance reflecting that, with her short, blonde hair set on the side of her head with precision. She double-checked that part of her body with her colourful green eyes every day, and picked clothes accordingly : this day, she chose a black and light blue pull-over, moderately thick black pants and thin white socks for indoors. Perfect for a day at work.

Indeed, this average-sized woman was an artist, so her working place was also her home, making her occupation quite comfortable. This is what she always wanted to do since her childhood : when she was very young, her intelligence allowed her to go through classes with ease, but she had an evident habit of daydreaming. Having a knack for all sources of distractions, she always imagined new things or wondered how she could perfect fictional but already existing ones. Real animals and places, or fictional worlds and mythical creatures, all those things had so much potential. And when she drew on a piece of paper for a first time, she loved it and decided to turn this into her main hobby. Her classes followed one after another over the years, then eventually allowed her to graduate at the Stuttgart State Academy of Art and Design with ease.

During her varied and specialized courses, she improved her knowledge and learned several written languages, even though she mostly mastered her native language as well as English. Apart from that, she discovered many different techniques and ways to make art, and still used all of them to that day : writing, painting, pencil drawing, digital imaging, photography... but not music.

Much to Alexia's regret, she didn't learn about music because she didn't want to, but because she couldn't. One thing lacked in her life, and it was sound. As a matter of fact, the artist was literally born in silence. She quickly learned how different she was in comparison to others, but that never stopped her. After all, it was not too hard to get used to something when it lasted since the beginning of one's life... Besides, she was thankful for the people's behaviour towards her ; her parents and teachers were all very understanding and helped her as best as they could during her whole progress in life. On top of that, instead of bullying her, the students she had around her treated her with respect, if not admiration. She never knew if it was because of her condition, or just her looks, but she didn't mind, and chose to stay aside, more interested by her own drawings than people, thus taking ideas out of her silent mind and swiftly filling blank pages with them.
Needless to say, she had talent and imagination. And instead of joining any artist group, education establishment or anything fancy, the woman worked as a freelance artist and could make a living of her passion, making art on request in exchange for income. She had to thank her teachers for recommending her to those who were looking for services in Stuttgart and around the state of Baden-Württemberg. With regular requests, several sold paintings and a decently large home to live and work in, she was set for a promising life, having already done this for two years without exhaustion and efficiently showing how well she could take care of herself despite her handicap, living alone in her house..