Depression and Comfort (Fugitoid)

I can't believe it...

How can I?

I could have saved him, them!!

I failed...... Everyone

Looking out at the Galaxy, I feel a few tears roll down my cheeks. It was odd, one minute I was fine and happy.... That was until everything seemed to crash down on me. Everyone was in a different part of the ship while I was currently hiding by the window, quietly crying into my knees. I don't know why it all of a sudden came into my head, maybe it was the look of sadness on my nephew's faces or the thought of my now deceased brother, but all I know is that it's beginning to eat me from the inside out.

"Zan'nen ani Imu... Watashi wa anata o shippai shimashita!" {I'm sorry brother... I failed you!} I quietly cry out as my sobs turn more violent. I was sure to stay quiet, making sure no one heard me but It was obvious since my cries became a little louder. This was only the grieving for my brother, the thought of failing everyone on Earth was even more heart breaking.

Why....

I could have helped them

But I was too late..!

It should have been me!!

Not my brother, not the innocent people of Earth...

"It should have been me..." I whimper out as my [e/c] eyes become blurred with tears. I grab ahold of my [h/c] hair and hide into my knees and arms. My emotions were getting the better of me again and I didn't. Want my nephews and their friends to see me like this... "Uncle [y/n]? Are you in here?" I heard the eldest ask. I quickly rub my eyes and breath out, "Y-yes I'm here" He turns around to see me leaning against the wall closest to the window. I can hear his foot steps approach me, "Hey, we were wondering where you had gone! Why aren't you with the rest of us?" I quickly came up with an excuse along the lines of 'wanting to be left alone' His blue eyes filled with confusion, "Why-" "Leonardo, please just...." I sigh and face him. His eyes widen, "Uncle [y/n] what's wrong?!" "I just want to be alone for awhile nephew... Please" He gives me a sad expression and nods. Before leaving, he gives me a quick hug. I accept it and let the teen leave.

"Yoshi.... If you can hear me... Help me. I feel like I'm slowly drifting away from the kids! What if they lose my respect? What happens when they're hurt and I'm not there to help?! What if... They hate me?" I look out and feel tears prick at my eyes again, "What if they never want to talk to me ever again...?" "I'm sure they feel the opposite of that [Y/n]" I jump and turn to see Fugitoid. I rub the tears away, "Oh god, you heard all that?" He nods, "Every word. And I must say... I never knew you were this sensitive" I sniffle, "Yeah... Not everyone knows that either" His eyes show sadness, odd since it's hard to tell his expressions, and he sits beside me. "[Y/n], if you don't mind me asking, what is wrong? You seem... Distant lately" I look out into the galaxy and I let out a shaky sigh, "Um... Well" I bite my bottom lip and face the robot. He places a hand on my shoulder and nods, as if saying to take my time.

I tell him everything, from my brother to how I feel myself drifting from my nephews. He stayed silent for the whole thing until I finished, "Hmm... Well, sorry if I come off rude but you're wrong about your nephews! They look up to you [y/n], just as much as they look up to your brother. The way they speak of you is full of admiration and fascination" I look at him, "Do they?" He stands up and points at me, "They do! In fact, I agree with the turtles! You are not only the most amazing person ever, but your extremely intelligent, loving, caring and most of all one hell of an Uncle*" I blink my red, puffy [e/c] eyes, a small smile slowly growing on my face. Seeing the expression, the professor does a smile of his own... I think? He extends his arm out and I take it, hoisting myself up. He grabs ahold of my face and wiped the tears away, "There there my friend... No need for anymore tears" I chuckle lightly at the affection.

Realizing he still had my face in his hands, he quickly pulls them away and twiddles his fingers, "Um, my apologies..." "It's fine... Thank you" He looks at me and tilts his head to the side, "For what?" "For comforting me, it usually takes a while for me to calm down..." He looks down, "O-oh um... You're welcome! Anything for a friend... An attractive male at that..." He states the last part in a whisper, but it was still audible in my ears. Blushing, I smile, "You find me.... Attractive?" He immediately looks at me and waves his arms, "W-what? N-no! I mean yes, I just didn't mean it in that way! You are a very handsome man- I mean you're not, I mean-!!" I laugh at his actions and his arms go limp. "Haha- I'm sorry- haha" "Yes, yes laugh all you want! You get the point!" He says and crosses his arms. I give him another smile, "You have a nice way of cheering others up" He closes his eyes in a happy expression, "If embarrassing myself makes others happy, then I'm glad to help!"

Without warning or much thought I wrap my arms around Fugitoid. He seems tense at first but soon repeats the action, "For a robot you're really warm..." "And for a man your age, you're very childish" My eye twitches, "Gee, thanks" He chuckles and releases me, "Of course!" I roll my [e/c] eyes and smirk at him. A loud crash is heard by the door and we turn to see Donatello. He chuckles nervously, "Um... I'm just gonna leave you two alone..." "How long?" "A couple minutes" I give him a stern look and he slowly back into the room. I sigh, "I swear they will never stop bothering me about this..." "Bother you about what?" I look at him and blush red, "Um.." As if hearing my prayer, the computer like screen on the ship starts beeping. "Oh! If you'll excuse me" "Take your time, I'm going to talk with my nephews" Nodding we part our separate ways and I make my way to the four. Entering Donatello is the first to greet me,

"So~ What were you two talking about?" "Nothing that concerns you" "How long will it be till you tell him?"

"Until I'm certain that he loves me like I love him"
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
+1166 words

Fucking finally!!!! I'm so sorry this took forever, I had writers block for this particular part so.... ;-; Anyways~ I'm currently stuck with two energetic and aggressive 6 year olds so lord help me ;u; One is my cousin and the other her cousin. Sorry for my lack of writing on this because this is freakishly short I think. Until next time, stay beautiful bye!!

(Sorry for misspelling and errors)

* If you understand this reference, you will be greatly loved by author-chan ;u;