Chapter 8 - Please Explain...

It's my Birthday so I'm dedicating this to my biggest fan!  Thanks mum!

Chapter 8 - Please Explain...

“Umm, Serenity?” Loyal said slowly and carefully because Patience was still frozen in shocked disbelief or fear or just catatonic depression - difficult to say, “Please explain...”

“Loy, what don’t you get?  Bella Swan!” She said like it was obvious.

 “Serenity...” Loyal said in a low warning voice, “Who is this Bella Swan?”

“Ohh Loy, you are such a boy!  Come on, you know, from that book, Twit-light.  She’s the pathetic one who falls for the hot vampire guy - well actually he wasn’t hot, he was cold because he’s like dead.  I mean, I know he was supposed to be good looking and all, but you know, eww, dead!  It’s the werewolves that are hot... I mean really hot...”

“Serenity!” Loyal interrupted, “I’m still not getting it?”

“Well, that Bella is the same as our Bella, well you know what I mean.  Maybe she’s Bella reincarnated... ohh, that’s right vampires don’t die... well maybe she’s the actual Bella Swan, the one the book was based on!”

“Serenity, it’s a book, it isn’t real!”

“But Loy, are you saying books aren’t real?  Because why do the teachers look at them if they aren’t real?”

“Look what you have done Patience!  You have confused her!  You explain the difference to her!”

“Serenity, some books have real information in them and others are made up stories.”

“Well that’s stupid, how are you supposed to tell the difference?”

“And this is why we have kept her world a simple place for the last eighteen years Patience!”

“Well I didn’t know this was going to happen.”

“Loy don’t argue with Bella.” She said sternly.

“But she isn’t...”

“Oh Loy, you are so silly.  I can’t believe it!  We have been living with a celebrity right under our very noises and I didn’t see it!  Ohh Bella, even though you are whiny, I think you are the best!”

“What’s she on?” Jake murmured out of the corner of his mouth.

Patience groaned and dropped her face into her hands as Loyal tried again, “Serenity it’s a story.  There are no such things as vampires, werewolves or Bella Swan.”

 “Ohh, Loy you are so naive!  If she wasn’t real why would she be sitting right here?  I mean she might have dyed her hair but look at her, she’s clumsy, plain, dull, has never had a boyfriend, doesn’t fit in anywhere, her skin is pale and she’s awkward!  It’s Bella!”

“Hang on Serenity...” Patience spoke very slowly and evenly, “But twilight isn’t on wattpad?”

“Ohh, they have this fan-fic stuff and then that red-head-girl what’s-her-name gave me the books.  Who knew that books could be so interesting!  Although I totally don’t get why you went with Edward, come on Bella he is such a bore, acting all responsible and all, he hardly even kissed you!  Now, don’t tell me you didn’t question what he was doing with Emmett on those hunting trips?  I saw Brokeback Mountain, I know what goes on! And hell, you had Jake!  I mean Jake!  You should have picked Jake!” she shook her head slowly in great disappointment.