Chapter 24 - Ripping the Heads off Small, Fluffy, Cute Creatures

Chapter 24 - Ripping the heads off small, fluffy, Cute Creatures

Patience couldn’t look at Josh.  She didn’t want to see the lust in his eyes as he took in his future wife.  Sure he might have fought the whole marriage thing but that was before he knew he had Miss Italian Barbie Bratz doll to warm his bed.  She could feel her heart breaking and the walls of this huge empty restaurant closing in on her.

“It’s so good to see you Holly, you look beautiful.  Doesn’t she look beautiful Joshua?”

Josh mumbled something in return but Patience’s heart was thumping too loud to catch it.

“Have a seat Holly,” Mr C continued, “Next to Joshua, lovely, lovely.”

Patience’s hands gripped the handkerchief in her lap and twisted.  She wanted to hurt someone, rip their heads off and dance naked in their blood.  She had never been one to turn to violence but Patience now had a strong desire to commit mass murder.  Yes, she sincerely doubted that she would regret the passing of anyone in this room.  They all deserved to die a slow and very painful death.

 “Holly,” Mr C seemed oblivious to Patience’s murderous thoughts, “There has been a small complication so we are going to have to move the wedding forward, will there be a problem with that?”

“That’s fine Mr Camerota, I can handle that.” Patience could hear the smile in her answer and she wondered if she would still be smiling when she rammed the stiletto heel of her Jimmy Choo’s into her eye socket.

Complication, the words registered, Mr C said there was a complication.  What small complication?  Patience closed her eyes and wondered if he was referring to her.  So her being in love with Josh was a ‘small complication’.   He was pulling the wedding forward so she didn’t embarrass Josh.  She scrunched her eyes closed and she ground her teeth as the handkerchief began to fray.

“I don’t want to...” Josh’s quiet voice faded to nothing.

“Is something wrong Joshua?” Holly’s gentle voice cut Patience to the quick. “Can I call you Josh?  I understand that’s what your friends call you?”

Patience couldn’t help but glance over as Holly reached over to gently rest a hand on his arm.  Her heart lurched and she balled her fist against both the pain crushing her chest and the impulse to rip Holly’s hand off Josh, break all of her manicured fingers and ruin her designer dress by throwing her WWE style to the floor so she could rub her perfect face into the carpet.   Patience quickly focused back on the handkerchief she was shredding on her lap.  She missed Josh’s reply but heard Holly giggle again.  The cotton released a tearing sound as it became two separate pieces of cloth.

“As you know Joshua, Holly will be your guest at the Party tonight and I have arranged costumes for the three of you.”

Three of us?  Patience couldn’t help the sneer that she scoffed.

“Patience isn’t going,” Josh’s voice wasn’t much more than a whisper, “She’s not going to the party.”

How convenient for him not to have me there, Patience thought as her teeth clenched together.  He was already trying to get her out of the way, unbelievable!  What did she expect?  He was a boy.  He probably said what he needed to say to get her V-card and now something better was on offer. 

The need for violence evaporated and now all she wanted to do was scream at him.  In her head she started composing her rant.  Yes, she would tell him, in no uncertain terms, where he could shove his love and if it didn’t fit then she would be more than happy to encourage it with whatever means necessary - cricket bat, sledge hammer, wreaking ball... - ok, so maybe the need for violence hadn’t entirely evaporated.