Chapter 9 - Can't Fight this Feeling

- Sorry that this hasn't been uploaded for ages... I lost the plot and my confidence... Hopefully, I am back on the horse that threw me...

Chapter 9 - Can't Fight this Feeling

“Glitter free?” Patience asked when Jake reappeared rubbing his hair with a towel.

“You want to check?” he smirked.

“Umm, no thanks,” Patience turned away in an attempt to hide her flushed cheeks.  She wasn’t used to the sort of attention that Jake was giving her and she wasn’t quite sure if he was genuine or just doing it to laugh at her reaction, which he was doing right at that moment.

“Tell me about this Murray guy?”

Patience looked at him now confused by his sudden change in direction.

“Why?”

“Well you seem to have some sort of arrangement with him,” Jake shrugged.

“Why all the questions?  You haven’t told me anything about yourself and yet you seem to want to know everything about me.”

Jake shrugged again, “I’m not that interesting.”

“You guys all obviously know each other, how?” Patience shot the question at him while she had the guts to do it.

“Do you want to know about me or the others?” he raised an eyebrow.  “We’ve haven’t been together long but we all come from the same sort of background so I suppose... we just know what to expect from each other.”

“What sort of background do you come from?”

He grimaced and looked away, “I don’t want to talk about that.  Come on, lunch is almost over better get you back before you get detention, can’t have that!” he rolled his eyes.

Patience grumbled but didn’t argue.  She pulled her phone out in the car to check her Wattpad profile.  ‘I’ll Kick Your Ass, You Flee Bitten, Mangy, Hairy Wolfman’ or IKYAYFBMHW had 100 reads now and 15 votes.  She rolled her eyes as her fan base now included FluffyDaCat, FishyWishy and ‘Anthorny1’ through to ‘Anthorny10’.  JoshsASexy1 had also written a comment that was marked as offensive for good reason. 

She was about to put it away when Jake snatched it from her hand and while driving quickly did something to it. His fingers flew over the number pad as he glanced between it and the road.

“What are you doing?  Give it back!”

He finished and tossed it back into her lap.

“Adding my phone number.” He smirked, “I texted my phone so I have yours too.”  Then before Patience could complain he added, “So what’s this about Serenity’s Charity event?”

“Hang on, you added your phone number to my phone?  Why?”

“You never know when you might need me,” his tone was heavy with implication.

She scoffed and made her own alterations. 

“’Like a Virgin’ or ‘Can’t Touch This’?”

“Can’t Touch This?”

“Well you are technically my brother right?”

He laughed, “Well if you are looking for an old-school ringtone, try ‘Bad to the Bone’” he said leaving no doubt as to the connotation, “But anyway I’m not really your brother you know.”

“What?”

“I am over adoption age so...”

“So why are you here?”