The New Girl

Chapter 8

Love is like heaven, but can hurt like hell.

Zayn

I waved to Jessica as she went inside her house. I started driving again.Jessica's smoking hot. She's also so caring and kind. Everything a guy looks for, but whenever I kissed her or hugged her, all I can think of was Victoria.

I have been hooking up with all these girls to get my mind of Victoria, but it doesn't seem to work.

All I can think about is her, and it's driving me crazy. I can't settle down with one girl. I'm Zayn Malik. I have every girl wrapped around my finger, but I can't get Victoria. She's the only girl that didn't let me in her pants and it's frustrating me, but at the same time I don't want to bang her. I actually want to cuddle and watch movies. Go on dates and just have fun together. I wanted to be the cheesy couple everyone sees and dispieses. Ugh. Zayn no, stop thinking about this. You're a player, not a mushy boy that cares about girls feelings but I do care about Victoria's. Oh my god. Stop thinking about this.

I sighed and glanced out the window. Wait. Is that Victoria? What's she doing there this late?
I parked my car and ran inside, hoping not to get soaking wet from the pouring rain. I flipped my hair and walked up to Victoria.

"Whatcha doing here, babe?" I said in my husky voice.

She seemed to snap out of her daze. She turned around and instantly her face dropped. I furrowed my eyebrows. Is she sad to see me?

Then her face turned into anger, and she got up. "Leave me alone." She hissed while pushing past me. I grabbed her arm. "What's wrong?" She yanked her arm out of my grip and whipped around facing me.

"What's wrong? Are you fucking serious?" She shoved me.

What the fuck? I was about to speak but she continued. "What's wrong is that I actually trusted you. That I let myself think that you were different. That I actually put down my guards and let myself love you." Her face softened and her eyes were glossy. "But what did I get in return? You kissing other girls, right after we kissed. Did you even feel anything? I thought you cared for me. I even thought you liked me back! I guess I was wrong. My first impression of you was right, I never should've doubted it." She started getting close to my face. "You are a fucking player. You're heartless. You just use girls. You make them feel loved and special, but once you're done with them, you just throw them away like trash.

Do you ever think about there feelings? You're pathetic. I can't believe I fell in love with you." She spat in my face.

That hurt. A lot. I'm sorry Victoria, I didn't know I was hurting you. I love you too. Please forgive me, I'll never hurt you ever again. But that's not what I said. Nope. I let my anger and pride get best of me.

"You're right about everything sweetheart. What can you say? I'm a player. I don't care about you. Never did, never will. You're nothing to me, but a girl that I can mess with. You should get over me babe. I'll never love, I don't settle down. I just win hearts and crush them. Looks like I succeeded."

I smirked, but that completely faded away as Victoria's lip trembled and tears slipped. Her eyes filled with pain.

Guilt washed over me. Oh my god. Why did I say that? I'm so stupid. Everything was silent. You can only hear the drops of rain hit the ground. I breathed in. I never should have said that. It just slipped out and I wasn't able to stop. I regret it so much.

I reached out to touch her cheek. "Victoria." I softly said. Tears of mine started to form. Seeing her so pained made my heart sink. She slapped my hand away. She was shaking. She wiped her eyes, but more and more tears kept coming.

"Congratulations Zayn, you just broke another heart. Add that to your list." She whispered her voice cracking. She turned, her long hair flipping with her. She was right by the door when she stopped. My heart skipped a beat. Is she going to forgive me? Is she going to turn around and hug me? "I'm done, Zayn." She softly said before walking out.

That is not what I was hoping for. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't hold on anymore, the tears stung my eyes as it poured out. Done? What's that supposed to mean? It replayed over and over in my head. I'm done, Zayn.

Everything seeming to go in slow motion. I tried to scream, but no sound came out. I snapped out of my faze from a roar of an engine. I saw Victoria preparing to drive off. I quickly ran outside, bumping into people. As the door closed behind me, I heard a string of profanities, but I didn't care. All I care about right now is Victoria.

I managed to shout out what I wanted to say before she left."Victoria, wait! I love you!" My heart beating fast as I finally admitted it.

She tensed up and turned to me. Knots instantly formed as she gave me a pleading look. "Please don't. Don't give me false hope." Her voice cracked.

I'm not lying I mean it Victoria! "No but I'-" I didn't say it quickly enough, she was already down the road.

I growled and punched the brick wall next to me. A wave of shock came through me. People gave me odd and terrified looks, I just ignored them. I watched as the thick, blood slowly fall on the ground, turning the clear puddle to red. My hand was throbbing, but the only pain I felt was from my heart.

Victoria

My vision was blurry as I rode down the road. I wiped my tears with one hand. I sniffed. My heart is officially broken. I don't think I can feel the same about anyone like I did with Zayn. Don't think about him Victoria. Just move on. Forget about him. I can't though. I love him. Well he doesn't love you back Victoria.

Stop being so pathetic. You promised yourself you won't get involved with boys.

"Shit!" I hissed as I turned before almost crashing into a car. The man inside honked an flipped me off. As I did the same. Ugh, I have to stop arguing with myself and focus on getting home alive.

When I got home I went straight to my room. I noticed a note on my desk.

I'm going on a business trip. I left a credit card on the kitchen table if you need anything.
Love Mom

I really needed to talk to her about this but I guess this is a good thing. I can use the money from the credit card and get away from all this drama. I smiled as I thought about going somewhere. Away from here. I giggled in excitement and slipped on black jeans with a ruffled top. I shook my hair and observed myself in the mirror.

"Well hey there sexy." I winked at myself. I packed all my stuff. and went downstairs. I opened the garage. Did I mention I had a red Ferrari? I unlocked it and threw my suitcase in the back seat. I hopped in the drivers seat and started the engine.

Then I remembered about the others. They would be pretty worried if I just disappeared. I got out my phone out and texted them that I'm going somewhere and not to worry about me. I looked at the message, satisfied, I pressed send.

I drove out of the driveway and closed the garage with the remote I had attached above me. I sighed and looked ahead of me. "Let's get away from here." I smiled and turned on the radio.