The New Girl

Chapter 21

Victoria's P.O.V

We were sitting down, drinking hot coco. Harry on my right and Louis on my left. He was munching on some cookies. Zayn and Liz cuddling across from us. No surprise there.

"This is nice, relaxing and chilling, like the old times." Harry said, making eye contact with everyone except Liz. For some reason there was always a weird tension between Liz and Harry, but it's none of my business.

It's been a day since that Carter girl attacked me, and I decided not to believe her. Like why should I believe a girl who is trying to punch and hurt me? Or She must have meant another Liz or I just heard wrong. I mean yea Liz's rude sometimes, but I doubt that she will send a girl to hurt me. She has no reason to, it's not like she has anything against me.

I gave Harry a smile, taking a sip from my coco. The hot chocolate running down my throat, warming my body. I glanced over the house in pride. My mom, aunt and I spent the whole morning getting the place decorated since Christmas is just a couple of days away. There were colorful lights hanging from the walls, stockings on the fireplace, and mistletoe right above the front door. And the tall Christmas tree with blue, red, and yellow lights wrapped around it, and all the pretty ornaments in the front, while the plain ones hung shamefully in the back. To top it off the big star on top, shining brightly.

My heart was racing, and I couldn't sit still. Christmas was my favorite time of the year. I loved how the families get together and spend time with each other. The bright lights, the songs, plus the snow. All-

I snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed Zayn staring at me with a clouded expression. My stomach turned. These days, I always catch him staring at me, causing me to feel insecure. Do I have something on my face? Do I have a chocolate mustache on my top lip? I frowned and wiped my top lip with my sleeve. I saw as Zayn's eyes glinted with slight amusement. He got up.

"Liz, come. I want to talk to you?" he asked, giving his attention to Liz.

She looked confused, but nodded and followed Zayn out. I looked down. Stupid Victoria. He doesn't like you, he obviously likes Liz. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. On the corner of my eyes, I saw Harry looking at me with a sympathetic and sad expression. Louis was staring at me too. The cookies gone, while there were small pieces of crumbs on his chin. I felt my heart speed up. Do they know that I like Zayn?

Then I saw something else. I saw guilt. Guilt? Why do they feel guilty?

Zayn's P.O.V

"I can't do this anymore, Liz." I said, trying to avoid her eyes.

"What do you mean, you can't do it anymore?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

"You know exactly what I mean," I said.

"Why?" she demanded. "Zayn! Look at me."

I took my eyes off the ground looked into her crystal blue eyes, and for some reason all that I wanted to say from the moment Victoria woke up, spilled right out of me.

"I can't do this to Victoria anymore. She's obviously gaining back her memory, even though it's slow, it's still something. And it tears me apart knowing that I can't hold her or kiss her anymore, and I want to change that. Every time I look at her, a wave of happiness overcomes me. My heart gets all tingly and jumpy. I'm sorry Liz, I like you, but I love Tori," I said, my voice sounding confident. It felt so good to let it all out.

Her face twisted into a scowl.

"What? I thought you liked me better than her. I thought we had a connection." Liz said. Her hands on her hips, and a frown on her face.

To be honest, I did feel a connection with Liz. The weeks that we have been dating when Tori was in a coma, my feelings for Liz grew. I actually started liking her.

"I do like you Liz, but like I said, I'm in love with Tori. And I don't want to lead you on."

Her eyes became glossy, and her breathing got heavy. I felt a pang of guilt hit me. I didn't want to hurt her, it's just that I needed to end this, so I can be with Victoria. I tried getting over Tori since she lost her memory, but I just couldn't. I can't let her go. I need to be with her.

I bit my lip. "I'm sorry Liz. Please don't cry."

She sniffed. "Okay.. I get it. But can we date until after Christmas? I just want more time with you." Her eyes big and pleading.

I thought about it.

"Christmas is coming in a few days. It doesn't make any difference. What's the harm?" She added.

I bit my lip. She's right, it's only for a few more days. There's no harm in that.

"So yea?" she persisted.

Even though there was a little voice in my head screaming no, I ignored it and gave her a nod and a smile. She squealed and wrapped her arms around my neck. Little shocks went through us.

"Don't you feel that, Zayn? We're meant to be together," she whispered in my ear.

Yea, it's true, we do have a connection. But when I hugged Victoria, every feeling I felt for her came rushing back. All the pain, struggle and love. She's something else. She's certainly not like any other girl I dated. She was hard to get, a challenge. She's funny, cute, kind and also, she can kick ass. She's purely amazing. She gives me chills and makes my heart race. She's special. She gives me a rush that no one can ever replace.