Chapter Twenty Seven: Trust Me.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you went back into our house and dismantled the portal? Dad, that thing could've sucked you up!" I cried, attracting the attention of everyone else.

"It was a risk worth taking. It won't take anyone anywhere they're not supposed to be anymore, and if it sucked me up, I would find a way out. To me, it's worth it that you have peace of mind now" Said he softly, his hand rubbing my cheek.

"But...but.. you could've been--"

"But I wasn't" My father said with a stern air, but a soft tone. "No one is, not anymore. All of my inventions are gone now, not one of them is whole." Said he with a smile, he kissed my forehead and walked to the couch, where Auntie sat, knitting a scarf in the pattern of the Union Jack. She smiled and sighed.

"It's done! Come here, Percyla, come here! Let's see how it looks on you.." Said she as I walked over to her and let her tie it around my neck, it looked positively beautiful. "Oh my! The little flower has blossomed!"

I smiled and turned to a mirror, to see, that indeed, I had. I looked a bit older than sixteen and felt it, all of a sudden, the Doctor Who theme song came on and I smiled again. 'I'm a time traveler' I thought, now Carter walked in, covered in grease stains from head to toe from fiddling with his new Aston Martin Vantage.

The next school day went by faster than normal, I wore my Union Jack scarf with dark blue jeans, small, black boots, a black shirt, and a light brown mini trench coat with black buttons. As I walked to Auntie's home, I noticed the blue light didn't shine in my old house. 'Maybe he did dismantle it' I thought, I sighed, that's when I heard my name yelled, I turned to find Annabella skipping down the road in a pink jacket, brown trousers, and purple shirt with little, black shoes. "What are you doing down here, alone?" I asked in surprise as I knelt down and hugged her.

"Oh, I'm not alone, Carter's coming. I just wanted to get to you first" said she with a giggle, I smiled and she turned to my old house "so this is where you used to live?" Asked she, I nodded.

"Yeah, it wasn't so dumpy back then, we actually took care of it....and lived in it. But now...no one lives in it and no one takes care of it, so it turned into this." I answered as we both stared up at the house in silence, she sighed and hugged me, I turned back to the road and saw the distant figure of Carter, I waved at him and he waved back, still walking to me. I then felt Annabella's hand leave me, but I didn't think a thing of it...until I heard the door to my old house creak. I turned on my heel, and found that she disappeared inside, I wasn't that worried at first, until I saw the blue light return and Annabella scream for me.

I rushed through the open gate, that's when the front door slammed shut and Annabella's screams became urgent. My brows furrowed and I heard Carter running, I backed up and ran at the door, lifting my foot up and kicking down the door. Unexpectedly, I landed on my feet and ran as fast as I could down to the basement, Carter huffing and puffing closely behind me. I slid down the banister to the basement whilst Carter attacked the stairs, three at a time. Annabella was lying on the ground as the portal machine grew to a few inches taller than Carter and a swirling, rainbow image came up where I had originally seen Camelot.

Blue and yellow sparks flew from the portal as the portal shook and began to move towards Annabella, I jumped off of the banister and landed before Annabella. Carter ran to Annabella and pulled her away, he attempted to pull me away, but I shook my head and yanked my arm away, pushing the two back against the basement wall. I sighed and clenched my fists, I spread my legs and planted my feet firmly on the ground, 'Dad talked about it like it was a person, maybe, maybe that's how I should address it.'  "Hey!" I yelled, but the portal continued to bang, bump, clang, and move towards me, but I did not give up any ground.

"Your moving about and banging is really quite distracting, could you just stay still a minute because I. Am. Talking!" I yelled, all of a sudden, the banging and clanking stopped "Now, I stand before you with no plans, no weapons, Oh, and something else, I don't have anything to lose. So, if you're sitting there with your shiny silly little lights and silly little sparks and you have any plans to take Annabella tonight, just remember who's standing in your way!

Remember that black day I returned from your portal, and then, and then! Do the smart thing, turn yourself off." I growled, the portal now surged a wind, and it whirled around the entire room, blowing my hair all about the place. I stared daggers at the portal now and was quite content with myself (in that speech, I quoted Doctor Who...the 11th Doctor), now the portal shot out colored lights, but I did not flinch. Pieces of rubble and debris from my father's old machines that he dismantled were being picked up by the wind and thrown around in circles around me, Carter pushed Annabella into a corner and hid her, but I still saw her eyes peeking out from behind Carter's chest.

The portal stopped, maybe inches before me, the wind now turned into a tornado and surrounded me. The dust and dirt were so thick that I couldn't see through it, but I wasn't afraid anymore, on the contrary, I wanted to end this thing. I stepped closer to the portal and Carter yelled at me to stop and come to him, I only turned, my hair whipping around but my scarf stayed tightly around my neck. I smiled and sent him a kiss. "Trust me" I yelled over the wind "I'm the Doctor" I turned and kicked the machine, sending it backwards a few paces, then it advanced upon me and I found myself lifted off of my feet and holding onto the metal frame of the portal.

I sighed and stared at Carter, I winked and let go of the metal frame...