Chapter 6: Uncle Ben

Tony:

After a week of taking care of a sick Barnes, he was back on his feet again. Peter however was still lying around, like most teenagers do anyway. But, he wasn't pale, he wasn't running a fever, and he sure wasn't ruining my new floors. I constantly glanced at him when he wasn't aware. The kid wouldn't move. He'd just stare at the TV as if it would explode if he broke his gaze. Something was wrong, and it wasn't because his tummy hurt. I was ready to find out.

"Hey, Pete." I smiled at the lazy teen.

"Hey." His voice so quiet and crackly because he hadn't used it in so long.

"How are you? Is your stomach still messed up?" I asked.

"Well, I'm not on the toilet anymore if that's what you mean." He said. I laughed but he still had the same blank expression.

"Peter. You don't seem okay." I began.

"I'm fine. Just tired." He yawned for effect.

"Peter, what's going on with you? You're not eating, sleeping, you never talk! You seem...depressed." I finally said.

"Please leave me alone." He pulled his knees to his chest and buried his face in them.

"I wouldn't even dream of it." I put my hand on his shoulder and he threw his arms around me, sobbing into my shirt.

I rubbed his back letting him cry. I didn't want to bother him now. I'll wait out the tears.

"Hey guys!" The whole group of Avengers came in. I expected Peter to jump up and wipe his tears away. But he didn't move. I'd never seen a teenager so heartbroken. It was kinda breaking my heart.

"What's wrong?!" Widow came over and knelt down next to us.

"I don't know." I said.

"Pete? Are you okay?" Bruce asked.

Peter buried his head further into my shoulder and cried even harder.

"Peter, you've been crying for way too long. You're gonna have to stop at one point!" I rubbed his back. He pulled himself off of me and we all saw his face.

His skin had red blotches and his eyes were bloodshot red, his face was covered in tear tracks. He was a mess. He was still whimpering and had the pouty face of a little kid. That's when we all realized how young the boy really is, and how we are now responsible for what he does.

"Peter, don't cry. Just, tell us what happened." Widow sat next to him, he leaned his head on her shoulder.

"Peter, why are you so upset? Tell us. Please." Cap finally spoke. Genuinely worried about the boy.

--------------------------------------------
Peter:

I stood in front of the whole room full of my fellow Avengers. I thought it would be best if I told them the truth.

"It was 3 months ago. My Uncle Ben and I were in the car. He was going to drop me off at this huge party in the city. He stopped and turned to me. He said, "Peter, if I were you I wouldn't go in there." I told him whatever, and then I told him that I never wanted to see him again. I was being dramatic for effect of course. But I said it." I stopped to take a deep shaky breath. "Then, I stopped when I saw a police car chase. I decided to follow the man as well. Little did I know, Uncle Ben was shot while I was chasing after the guy. He died before I found him." By now I was crying.

"Peter, it wasn't your fault. You couldn't do anything. Don't blame anyone but the killer." Tony said.

"That's just it Tony. I am the killer."
✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

SORRY FOR THE WAIT, HOPE U ENJOYED IT!