Chapter 18: The Redeemer

Steve:

The next day we all sat around and waited for Peter to wake up. We were all still worried for the boy. If Hydra can still control him, then we have a problem.

"Tony, Peter's been asleep for nearly 14 hours. You should wake him up." I became impatient.

"I will, hold on." He walked out of the room and came back carrying the 15 year old who was still out cold.

"That's not waking him up Tone." I said.

"Aww, you haven't called me Tone in forever." He smiled.

"Shut up and wake him." I said.

"Peter, Peter, son wake up." Tony shook him.

Peter started panicking, his breathing became heavier and heavier. Soon he bolted awake. Sweating like a pig.

"Are you okay?" Tony asked.

"I'm okay. It's just, Hydra. They're looking for me. What do I do? Do I tell them to stop?" Peter was obviously hallucinating.

"Peter, we need to talk." Tony said.

"About what?" Peter asked, wiping sweat away from his brow.

"About you being on the team." Tony continued.

"What? Am I finally on it? Wait, aren't I already on it? I'm confused." He said.

"Yeah, you are already on it." Tony said.

"Great! Then what about it?" Peter smiled.

"We have to take you off the team." Tony softly said.

"Off? You mean, you just put me on the team to take me off? Why?" Peter asked.

"Because who knows if you will go all Hydra on us. We want to keep you safe." He said.

"Safe? Me safe? The hulk is more dangerous, Bucky was also with Hydra and their on the team. I'm just a small 15 year old, what danger could I possibly put anyone in?" Peter said.

"Peter, you have more strength and courage in your little finger than most of us have in our entire body. You are a fighter, always have been. This 'keeping you off the team' won't last forever." Tony said.

"But, I don't want to go." Peter started to tear up.

"Don't cry. It's going to be okay. I promise. I love you Peter, I really do." Tony kissed him on the forehead and hugged him so Peter's head was buried in his chest.

Peter cried into his chest and then whispered, "Then no one can be on the team."

"What?" Tony said right before Peter stabbed him in the leg.

"You are all fools." Peter's eyes were glowing blue and his voice went to a demonic tone.

"You think that if I'm not on the team, that changes anything? You must not know who I am. Peter Parker is no more. Hydra, is no more. You fools thought that I was being controlled, ha! You are all wrong." He hissed at us like a snake.

"What are you?" Natasha asked in shock.

"Your worst nightmare!" He smiled then grabbed Nat by the throat and threw her across the room.

"Whose next?" He looked around then stopped at me.

"Ah, the little soldier boy. You would be tasty for dinner wouldn't you?" He crawled over to me and licked his lips. It was as if a dragon of sorts possessed him.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I already told you." He said.

"No, really. You said Peter is gone, if he's gone then who are you?" I continued.

"My name is none of your concern, just ask the one called Loki. He'll know." He smiled then busted out the window and was gone in a flash.

"What the hell Loki?! You know who that creep who possessed my child is?" Tony asked.

"Yes, they call him the Redeemer. He's a powerful force. He's basically a level down from Thanos." Loki said.

"Who's Thanos?" I asked.

"You'll know soon enough. But the Redeemer is willing to suck the life out of anyone. He must of gotten to Peter somehow." Loki looked genuinely saddened.

"You mean Peter is gone. Forever?" Tony asked.

"I don't know. But I've never heard of anyone returning. I'm sorry." Loki then walked out of the room.

"I'll be back." Thor said, following his little brother.

-------------------------------------------
Thor:

"Loki." I stopped him in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" His back was still facing me.

"Loki, what's wrong?" I repeated and pulled him towards me.

There were tears running down his face and he was truly hurt.

"What's wrong, little brother?" I asked again.

"I can't do anything for anyone. I know too much and everyone blames me. It's all my fault. I should have noticed the signs of him being possessed. I should have known!" He broke down again and hugged me.

"It's okay little brother. It's okay." I rubbed his back and kissed his head.

"It's all my fault. Everything." He stopped crying and just sniffed.

"No. It's not. It's the Redeemer's fault. We were doing okay until he showed up." I said.

"He followed me." Loki whispered.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"He had to follow me when I came here." Loki said.

"We have to tell the others." I started walking towards the living room.

"Wait!" Loki stopped me.

"Please forgive me." He shyly asked.

"You didn't do anything Loki. You cannot be forgiven if you've done nothing." I smiled at him and he smiles at me. We walked into the living room together.

------------------------------------------
PETER IS A DRAGON?!!! DID NOT SEE THAT COMING...