Chapter 17: An Avenger

Steve:

     I carried Peter to the plane and laid him down in a comfortable position. He looked as though he hadn't slept for days. I remember not being able to sleep for weeks. Your body completely tears down, and you feel useless. Was Peter feeling useless? Was Hydra keeping him awake for so long for a reason? Whatever it was, it makes me angry. Too angry. They took Bucky, and now Peter. Peter doesn't need this. He truly needs to rest. He's just a kid. He literally has only lived for one and a half decades! I really hope we are able to stop Hydra after everything they've done to him...and Bucky.

     Peter slept for a solid 4 hours. Too bad we couldn't get him to bed in time because the flight was 6 hours. He made grumbling sounds in his sleep, and seemed to be whining. Like something was hurting him. I looked at Tony and he just stared down at Peter. Tony truly loves Peter, as if he were his actual father. Which technically he is.

   Tony starts combing his fingers through Peter's hair. Peter eases up to the comforting hand, but continues whining. He then begins to breathe heavily and soon he's thrashing around. Tony grabs Peter's hand and holds onto it tightly. Peter tightens his grip as well. Peter finally jumps up from the seat and sweats while breathing harder than before.

"Pete, you okay?" Tony asks in panic.

"Wh-Yeah." He says as his breathing calms down.

"You sure? You were in full panic mode." Tony grabs one of his shoulders.

"I'm fine! I'm okay." Peter puts his head in his hands and sighs.

"Peter, talk to us." Tony continues to urge the boy to spill his feelings.

"Tony. I'm okay. I promise." Peter smiles, something I haven't seen in a while.

     But it wasn't real. That smile of his couldn't be faker. I've seen Peter's real smile and his eyes light up. His eyes were dead now, he lost that sparkle. And Hydra is to blame.

"Peter, don't lie to me, I know they tortured you." Tony said.

Peter laughed, "Know? You think you know what they did to me?"

"They shocked me when I wouldn't speak. They zapped me when I moved. They cut me, whipped me, unspeakable things is what they did. I was hoping you would come sooner. But its ok. You didn't know where I was so I waited. I tried to have as much faith in you as possible. I'm glad I didn't give up. But earlier, I gave in. I did lose hope. I said, 'forget it', and I let them brainwash me. When I saw you I was happy. But my body rejected my brain. I'm sorry I hit you. I'm sorry I lied to you about Aunt May, I'm sorry I gave into Hydra. But most of all, I'm sorry I couldn't have been a better son." Peter's bottom lip started quivering and tears filled his eyes and quickly fell.

"Hey! You are the best son anyone could ever ask for. You have saved so many people over the last year or so and that's why I wanted you on the team in the first place. You were amazing! I saw you and thought, 'who else could pull that off besides Peter Parker?'."

Peter laughed and sniffed, but went straight back to choking up again.

"You really mean that?" He asked.

"Are you kidding? Of course I mean that! Peter, what you did, it wasn't your fault. In fact, you didn't do anything thanks to us, yeah, you're welcome!" Tony joked.

Peter laughed again.

"I'm serious Peter. It was not your fault. Nothing! Everything you think is your fault, isn't. You are perfect just the way you are. And no matter what you do, or say. It won't make me stop loving you." Tony smiled at the 15 year old who hugged him.

"Hey, its okay." Tony hugged back the sobbing teen and rocked back and forth with him.

We all watched the two in awe. Peter was really something special. He hadn't seen it before but he's always been truly incredible.

----------------------------------------

Tony:

Today, me and Peter just hung out. We went to the mall, the park, and then went to see a movie. On the way home we began to talk about the future. Like, if Peter wanted to officially become an Avenger.

"Are you serious?! Oh my God! Dad! That's...that's...oh I'm gonna be sick." Peter clutched his stomach and closed his eyes.

"It's great right?!" I asked.

"Of course it is, its been a lifelong dream of mine." Peter started crying.

"I know, I know. Your happy right?" I hugged him.

He just nodded and wiped away his tears by rubbing his eyes.

"Good. You wanna go inside?" I asked.

He shook his head, still rubbing his eyes.

"C'mon. No one's here anyway." I knew Peter didn't want to go in because of his tears.

We went inside, and sure enough, they were all there.

"Hey, Peter. What's wrong?" Steve asked, giving a helping hand.

"T-Tony said, t-that I could b-be and Avenger!" Peter sobbed.

"Oh my gosh! That's great! Isn't it?" Natasha said.

"Yes! I'm just s-so happ-ppy!" He hugged Steve and sobbed even harder.

"Teenagers." I rolled my eyes.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️
HOW DID U GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER? OOH CHRISTMAS BREAK IS FINALLY HERE AND IVE NEVER BEEN SO EXCITED!