home

Cassi layed in her new room, contemplating on how she wants to decorate it. She thought of doing a mural, or something like that.

She thought of hanging loads of posters and just making it like a normal teenage girls room. A knock on the door interrupted the silence

-" who is it?" she asked

Z"its me zack" her mind brought up a million questions.

-"Come in" she said,the door nob turned and the door clicked open.

-"Hey" he said entering her room and sitting on the desk chair "I just wanted to tell you that i am sorry,for everything mean that i've ever done or said to you" his apology sounded meaningful and sincere

-"thank you" she didnt know what to say. "But i just gotta know one thing" he scooted closer to her

-"what?" she asked "brian, he likes you alot, do you..." his voice trailed off

-"like him?" finishing his question.

-"Yeah" his voice sounded small

-"honestley, i dont know"

-"okay" he said softly "i just wanted to know, brian is my brother, and i'll be damned if you or anyone breaks his heart" he pushed in the chair, "have a good night" he called out after he shut the room door.

Cassi layed her head on her pillow and instanlty fell asleep.

No one woke up untill one in the afternoon, and once everyone did the house was roudy and busy like it was at night.

The smell of food filled the house, cassi was in the kitchen cooking lunch for everyone

-"hey, how do you guys feel about steaks for dinner?" a lound bang came from the living room.

-"Ow" johnny muttered from under the movie case

-"how many times have i told you to stop messing with that thing?!" matthew yelled.

Zack walks into the kitchen

-"steaks sound good cass" he poured himself a bowl of cereal and left.

-"Yeah it does, Ooo with some mac-n-cheese" brian adds in

-"you and your mac-n-cheese" cassi gave him a short laugh.

-"Hey judge me all you want, untill you've tried then stop knocking at my door", for as long as cassi can remember she hated mac-n-cheese, it never tasted good to her.

Johnny and jimmy finish putting the movie case back up and all the movies in it, matthew walks into the kitchen

-"i swear those two are gonna be the death of me" he sits down at the dinner table and lets out a sigh.

-"Aww you sound like dad" he gives matthew a little playful nudge"

matthews mood shifted drastically

-"go fuck yourself brian" he stands up and walks out side slamming the door behined him.

-"Dont mind him, he's not over it yet" briam trys to comfort cassi, jimmy amd johnny fall into the kitchen

-"yeah, i dont think he'll ever be over it" johnny adds

-"ya got that right" jimmy sits at the table shoving his mouth full of chips.

Cassi looks out the kitchen window toward matthew, she puts on a sweater, grabs a cup of coffee and heads outside.

Opening the door the cold breeze hits her making her shiver, closing the door behined her she steps onto the grass.

The leaves sound peacful cruching under her feet, matthew hears them and turns his head toward her, then looks to the sky again.

Sleet falls softly onto the ground creating a thing sheet of sniw on the ground,

-"here" she said handing him the cup of coffee "thought you'd might want it" he takes the cup from her hand, putting it to his mouth he takes a big gulp

-"ahh, that hits the spot" he looks at her wardrobe "you're seriously wearing shorts?" he asks

-"yeah, im not that cold though"

-"you literally swam in a frozen ocean, go put some clothes on" he presses her.

-"Liar"

-"Im not lying, im fine, i promise"

-"Look cass, we have alot of problems, and im not sure you fully understand"

-"Maybe i dont matt, but i can if you and everyone else would just let me"

-"We welcomed you into our family, even though you are not blood, that takes alot from all of us. Some more than others"

He goes on

-"our father was not the kindest of people, we had only him in our lives. He made us do things and hurt people we didnt want to, brian got the worst of it. Brian was always so reluctant to do anything our father told him to, he got the most beatings" his voice trail off into a deep thought as if the memory is too hard for him to look back at.

Cassi grabs his arm

-"its okay, you dont have to tell me now. You can tell me when you're ready" he grabs her frozen hand

-"your such a liar" with one shove she falls into the now thicker blanket of snow.

Shocked from the extreme coldness of the snow she laughs and throws a chunk of snow at him hitting him in the chest
-"hey now" he said with laughter as he made a sort of howling noise.

More howling noises came from the house, then the rest came out of the house.

A full fledged snow battle was happening, evryone was having a great time.

Untill a loud bang went off, cassi stared in the direction that the loud bang came from.

She fell to the ground in pain, she grabbed at her side then grabbed at the now red snow.

Shouting came from all around her, her mind went fuzzy as she layed there trying to figure out what had happened.

Zack ran and fell to her side

-"hey cass, its going to be okay, just stay awake, try to stay awake" he called to the others who scrambled towards the woods trying to find the object behined the loud bang.

-"I'll get you help, just hold on" he ran inside to grab the phone, cassi could feel her body drain of blood, and heat.

Her body became like ice, stiff, cold and heavy. Her breath became shallow and quiet, her chest barley seemed to move.

Zack came back

-"CASSI STAY AWAKE" he screamed
"JUST STAY AWAKE, HELP IS COMING". Her body fell lifless and he picked her up "CASS" his screamed were of some helpless animal watching its mother being slaughtered.