♡ Imagine 9 ♡

Imagine
You and Luke have been dating for awhile now. There's going to be a summer concert in your local park and anyone can sign up to perform, so you and Luke decide to sign up to do a duet together.

That's actually how you two met. You were both singing at a karaoke club one night and got to know each other. You were both so passionate about music and that's one of the things you loved about your relationship. You both were into the same thing and you both were trying to pursue your dreams. And as a bonus your voices also sounded great together!

It's the day of the concert and you and Luke are up next, waiting backstage.

"You're going to be great, like always (Y/N). I'll be right up there with you, you don't need to worry babe." Luke says gently touching your shoulders as you are shaking nervously.

You don't know why you're so nervous, you've performed in front of an audience plenty of times before. It must be because you haven't performed with Luke in awhile and you wanted to do good for him too.

The act before you ends and walks off stage. It's time. Luke smiles at you and whispers "let's go kill it." as he starts to step out with his guitar, reaching for your hand. You grab a stool and join hands with him, approaching the stage.

You set the stool down for Luke up in front of a mic. Luke looks to you and whispers "thank you" as you lookout into the surprisingly large crowd, nervously.

You take the mic off of another stand and stand ready while Luke starts to strum his guitar.

You guys are going to be singing "Heart on Fire".

"I'm falling in,
I'm falling down.
I wanna begin
But I don't know how
To let you know,
How I'm feeling.
I'm high on hope.
I'm reeling
."

Luke sings calmly and beautifully. You're standing by listening, watching his strum his guitar along with the song. You feel awkward and casually look out into the crowd seeing people looking up at you two almost mesmerized.

You start to sing the chorus with Luke, your voices harmonizing perfectly, giving you goosebumps.

[Chorus:]
And I won't let you go,
Now you know,
I've been crazy for you all this time.
I've kept it close
Always hoping
With a heart on fire,
A heart on fire.
With a heart on fire,
A heart on fire.

Luke looks at you during the chorus, smiling. Making you blush through the lyrics. This was Luke's way of telling you that he meant what the lyrics were saying. He was in love with you. You felt so warm and comfortable with him on stage now.

You started to sing the next verse on your own while Luke continued to play his guitar. You sang confidently out into the crowd. From the corner of your eye you could see Luke watching you with a smile on his face.

You both carry on the song perfectly together.

When its over and Luke has made his last strum of the guitar, you look to each other smiling. The crowd is cheering and clapping like crazy.

Luke has a huge smile on his face, making you smile even more. He steps up off of his stool coming towards you with his arms stretched out for you. You hug him tightly, the crowd watching and clapping happily.

"That was amazing (Y/N)! You did great! They love you!" Luke says excitedly.

"No, they love US." You say hugging Luke again.

He gives you a kiss on the cheek and you both bow. You walk off stage hand in hand. You felt like you were on top of the world. That was the best performance you'd ever had and it made it even more special by Luke's side.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I love this imagine so much omg it's like my favorite that I've written so far! :) Lol

I hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you so much for reading! <3

Vote and Comment to let me know what you think!