Chapter Two

Riley and I are currently riding the subway. I looked over Riley's shoulders and caught a glimpse of this person who I knew yesterday. He smiled at me but I looked away immediately. At first, I didn't want to tell Riley because she might say she's not cool enough to talk to him, but I think they'd look perfect together. Besides, he wouldn't like a girl all broken inside, right?

"Hey, Riles."

"Yeah?"

"Let's see how cool you can be when you look at him." Riley turns around and sees Lucas. When Lucas saw Riley looking at him, he smiled at her. Riley returns an awkward smile then turns back to me and giggles.

"Yeah, you're gonna need some lessons. Let me show you everything you need to know about boys and girls." I walk over to Lucas.

"Hi, I'm Maya. You're really cute. We should hang out sometime." I sit beside him.

"Pretend you don't know me." I said in a split second.

"You make me happy. You don't pay enough attention to me." I stand up and face him.

"This isn't working out. It's you, not me. We can still be friends, not really."I walk away and I see him giving me a quizzical look on his face as I walk back to Riley.

"He's available. We just broke up."

"Are you okay? Do we need to talk about it?" I just gave her a bit of a sarcastic smile.

"You still wanna be like me?" I don't even know why she wants to be like me, all broken inside.

"I want to be exactly like you. I think too much, and, you don't think at all."

"See? You get me, so let's not think." I widen my eyes at her without blinking and unlatch Riley's hand from the bar.

As Riley fell onto Lucas's lap. I kinda had a weird feeling. Must be from the moving of the train.

After a few minutes Riley walks back to me with a big smile on her face.

"That was great!" She exclaimed with 'ecstasy' written on her face.

"You're welcome." I answered with confidence.

"What if that was the best moment of my life? What if nothing ever happens to me again?" She complained with a worried look on her face.

I just smile at her and I unlatch Riley's hand again. But I felt kinda uncomfortable despite the fact that she's falling into the lap of someone she barely knows and I know the guy she barely knows.

We arrive at our school John Quincy Adams Middle school and we are currently at our lockers.

"Did you have trouble with the homework?"

"Piece of cake." I wave her question away like it was really like a piece of cake with a roguish look in my eyes.

"You didn't do it, did you?" She made a long face but I know she isn't that disappointed.

"I don't even know where my books are."

Riley opens her messenger bag, and she hands me my books.