Chapter Five

We are currently having lunch at the cafeteria when I notice Lucas looking for a place to sit. As Riley and I sit down. I mention him to her.

"Aww, look at him looking for a place to fit in."

"You think he'll sit with us?"

I slide over so there's a chair between Riley and I. And just then Farkle sits in the chair between us. I roll my eyes at Farkle.

"Ladies." He greets.

"Farkle." Riley and I said in unison.

"Interesting lunch line dilemma." He looks at me,

"Sloppy joe," then he looked at Riley

"Or chicken pot pie." He looked back at me,

"Sloppy joe," then he looked at Riley for the last time.

"Or chicken pot pie."

"Is that all you got?" I challenge him feeling unsatisfied of his little joke for us.

"That's it! Same time tomorrow!" And then Farkle left.

I continued eating my food when I saw Lucas coming towards us.

"There he is! Invite him to sit down!" I encourage and Riley moved beside me so Lucas could sit beside her. This is against my will. I'm doing this to make Riley's life better. I feel bad for technically lying to her.

"With words?" She said worried.

"You're ready for this." I ensured her.

"What do I say?" She asked clueless.

" 'Hey, Lucas. Looking for somebody special?' "

"I can't say that!" She disagrees.

" 'Hey, Lucas. Looking for somebody?' "

"Too forward."

" 'Hey, Lucas.' "

"Like we're on a first name basis?" She complains.

"Hey." I called this time for real because Lucas was coming towards us.

"Hey." Riley repeated thinking I'm still giving her advice not until Lucas arrives.

"Hey back." Lucas chimes in as he sits down.

Riley pauses and faces Lucas.

"Hi. You're sitting here." She says with the smile not leaving her face Ecuador apparently she was forcing it.

"Is that okay?"

Riley gave him a thumbs up.

"Can you excuse me for just one sec?" She asks Lucas and Lucas answers with a nod. Riley turns to me and we both scream for a split second while touching our hands.

Just then when Riley turns her head Cory is already beside Lucas.

"How ya doing?" Cory greets us with a smile.

"Dad, you have a choice here. You can either understand that this is just a boy talking to me in the cafeteria," Riley offered.

"I'm gonna do whatever you say next." Cory adds.

"But this is so innocent!" She pleads to her dad while I'm enjoying their argument. I see at the corner of my eye that Lucas was staring at me. When he noticed I was looking at him he turned back to his lunch, which was Sloppy Joe.

"Honey, fathers don't see anything as innocent. We see it as, what's the opposite of innocent?"

I raise my hand and gushed "Right here!"