Chapter Three

After class, I head to my locker to stuff my books inside. I see Riley coming towards me.

"Ready to go home?" She says with her bag already on her back.

"Can't." I shrug in a nonchalant manner.

"Why?" She asks tilting her head to the side.

"Gotta go do something." And by that I meant taking a stroll over my dear New York. As we all remember, I haven't got a chance to do so. Because of Lucas inviting me to his house.

"Aw. But do you promise to come home with me tomorrow?" She tries to be cute but personally I think she's too old for that. But still I like her for what she is.

"Sure, Riles." And with that Riley skipped out of school.

I stuff all my books inside my locker and get my jacket. As I walk out of the school door I feel the New York breeze hit me. I start to walk towards wherever i'm going until I hear a voice call my name.

I turn around to see Lucas running towards me. I turn back around and roll my eyes. I wait until Lucas stands beside me.

"So, you gonna take me back to your house again, Sundance?"

"First of all, no. Second of all, I figured that if you're going to stroll around New York, you might as well tour me. And last but not least, you've already been to my house. Why would you want to go there again?"

I just raise my shoulders at his remark.

"I don't have the money, Huckleberry. But if I did I don't want to spend them at subway tickets. I'd rather buy a muffin at Svorski's."

"Here's the deal, I pay for the all the rides and other stuff you tour me around and tell me about New York."

Hmm. If he pays, I tour him around New York. And I get to stroll to places I haven't been to yet. I can benefit from this. I thought as a smile creeped to my face.

"Sounds pretty great, cowboy." I answered wild eyes obviously excited.

And with that I began to tour Lucas around New York. The first place we went to was The Statue of Liberty.

"The Statue Of Liberty!" I proclaimed with Lucas slack-jawed looking at it with awe.

"What, you haven't seen the Statue Of Liberty in the internet before?" I snorted.

"Of course I've seen it. It's just three times larger than I thought."

"Okay. The Statue of Liberty was an idea by a guy who wanted to represent Liberty. Whatever that means."

"Liberty means a freedom to the people who are being restricted on their behavior and political opinions." Lucas lectured I bet he's feeling wry right now

"Oh. That's why I feel so free and not that into trouble when I cause trouble." I remarked.

"And the guy that imposed the idea of making the Statue of Liberty was Édouard René Lefèbvre de Laboulaye." He commented.

"Huh?" I say with a confused look on my face.

"It's a real name. And I do speak a bit of French, if I do say so mysel-"

"Yeah and I don't need to hear it." I interrupted, with me starting to walk away. Well, more like walk out.

But I pause and turn around to glance at him and I actually did see him rolling his eyes at me but very soon he shuffled his feet and followed behind me.

We went to a bus stop and waited for the bus for a few minutes. The bus arrives and we wait for the people to come out so we could go in. We finally got in and we took a seat in the very back.